Health Insurance Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Department Health And Human Services Woodlawn
Department Health And Human Services Woodlawn urgently required following position for Health Insurance Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Health Insurance Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Department Health And Human Services Woodlawn Jobs Details:
- Interpret statute and develop federal regulations, policy statements, and other program guidance; identify and develop recommendations to resolve program issues.
- Provide technical assistance to identify and address evolving program issues or to provide guidance on programmatic matters. Establish and maintain relationships with key officials and group to resolve problems pertaining to program policies.
- Develop, evaluate, refine, review regulations, and other technical program documents to effectively communicate and disseminate program policies.
- Conduct analysis of policy issues and topics, research background data, the origin of laws, the intended impact to make effective policy recommendations.
- Prepare and coordinate a variety of written products, including position papers and briefing materials for senior officials to use as background information on program policy related activities.
Job family (Series)
0107 Health Insurance Administration
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for this position.
- You will be subject to a background and suitability investigation.
QualificationsALL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
In order to qualify for the GS-11, you must meet the following: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one year (52 weeks) of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal government, obtained in either the private or public sector), to include: 1) Assisting with program issues relating to policies governing the Medicaid program in order to make policy recommendations; 2) Reviewing regulations, manuals, program guidelines, program memoranda, policy letters, and/or instructions to communicate policies for health insurance
programs; and 3) Working with stakeholders to identify and resolve problems pertaining to program policies.
- OR -
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-11 level by possessing 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or LL.M., if related to the position being filled.
- OR -
Combination of Experience and Education: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the GS-09 grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at the grade GS-11. Therefore, only education in excess of a master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, may be used to combine education and experience.
TRANSCRIPTS are required to verify satisfactory completion of the educational requirement related to substitution of education for experience and combination of experience and education. Please see "Required Documents" section below for what documentation is required at the time of application.
In order to qualify for the GS-12 , you must meet the following: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one year (52 weeks) of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal government, obtained in either the private or public sector, to include: (1) Analyzing program issues relating to policies the Medicaid program in order to make policy recommendations; 2) Refining regulations, manuals, program guidelines, program memoranda, policy letters, and/or instructions to communicate health insurance program policies; and 3)
Presenting findings or recommendations based on analysis of data for health insurance programs..
Substitution of Education for Experience: There is no substitution of education to meet the specialized experience requirement at the GS-12 grade level.
Combination of Experience and Education: There is no combination of experience and education to meet the specialized experience requirement at the GS-12 grade level.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Click the following link to view the occupational questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10323123
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
CMS employees currently participating in 100% Full-Time Telework Program may be eligible to remain in the program. If an employee in this program is selected, the pay will be set in accordance with the locality pay for the applicable duty station. The listed salary range reflects the locality pay assigned to the duty location(s) listed in the vacancy announcement. For more information about pay based on locality, please visit the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Salaries & Wages Page .
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced federal employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit the required documentation and be rated well-qualified for this vacancy. Click here for a detailed description of the required supporting documents . A well-qualified applicant is one whose knowledge, skills and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements of the position. Additional information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp .
Additional Forms REQUIRED Prior to Appointment:
- Optional Form 306, Declaration of Federal Employment and the Background/Suitability Investigation - A background and suitability investigation will be required for all selectees. Appointment will be subject to the successful completion of the investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. If selected, the Optional Form 306 will be required prior to final job offer. Click here to obtain a copy of the Optional Form 306 .
- Form I-9, Employment Verification and the Electronic Eligibility Verification Program - CMS participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers. If selected, the Form I-9 will be required at the time of in-processing. Click here for more information about E-Verify and to obtain a copy of the Form I-9 .
- Standard Form 61, Appointment Affidavits - If selected, the Standard Form 61 will be required at the time of in-processing. Click here to obtain a copy of the Standard Form 61 .
Additional selections may be made from this announcement for similar positions within CMS in the same geographical location. For Central Office vacancies, the "same geographical location" includes Baltimore, Maryland; Bethesda, Maryland; and Washington, D.C.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and education requirements for this position, your application and responses to the online occupational questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
Once the announcement has closed, your online application, resume, transcripts and CMS required documents will be used to determine if you meet eligibility and qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Health Insurance
- Oral Communication
- Policy Analysis
- Written Communication
This is a competitive vacancy announcement advertised under Delegated Examining Authority. Selections made under this vacancy announcement will be processed as new appointments to the civil service. Current civil service employees would therefore be given new appointments to the civil service; however, benefits, time served and all other Federal entitlements would remain the same.
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
Drug test required
The following documents are REQUIRED:
1. Resume showing relevant experience; cover letter optional . Your resume must indicate your citizenship and if you are registered for Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/59. Your resume must also list your work experience and education (if applicable) including the start and end dates (mm/dd/yy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. For work in the Federal service, you must include the series and grade level for the position(s). Your resume will be used to validate your responses to the assessment tool(s). For resume and application tips visit: https://www.usajobs.gov//faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include/
2. CMS Required Documents (e.g., SF-50, DD-214, SF-15, etc.). Required documents may be necessary to be considered for this vacancy announcement. Click here for a detailed description of the required documents . Failure to provide the required documentation WILL result in an ineligible rating OR non-consideration.
3. College Transcripts. Although this position does not require a degree, you may substitute college credit in whole, or in part, for experience at specified grade levels. You must submit a copy of your transcript at the time of application in order to substitute your education for the required experience. If you do not submit a transcript, your education will not be considered in determining your qualifications for the position. You may submit an unofficial transcript or a list of college courses completed indicating course title, credit hours, and grades received. An official transcript is required if you are selected for the position.
College Transcripts and Foreign Education: Applicants who have completed part or all of their education outside of the U.S. must have their foreign education evaluated by an accredited organization to ensure that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the U.S. For a listing of services that can perform this evaluation, visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services website. This list, which may not be all inclusive, is for informational purposes only and does not imply any endorsement of any specific agency.
PLEASE NOTE: A complete application package includes the online application, resume, transcripts (if qualifying through education substitution or a combination of education and experience) and CMS required documents. Please carefully review the full job announcement to include the "Required Documents" and "How to Apply" sections. Failure to submit the online application, resume, transcripts (if applicable) and CMS required documents, will result in you not being considered for employment.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This positions is located in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMCS), Center for Medicaid & CHIP Services (CMCS), Financial Management Group, Division of Financial Operations (DFO).
As a Health Insurance Specialist, you will be responsible for performing financial management policy work (.i.e. State Medicaid program funding mechanisms, financial management policy, institutional and non-institutional reimbursement, and administrative claiming policy) related to Medicaid and CHIP.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.