Telecom Engineer Iii Jobs Vacancy in University Maryland Medical System Cheverly
University Maryland Medical System Cheverly urgently required following position for Telecom Engineer Iii. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Telecom Engineer Iii Jobs Vacancy in University Maryland Medical System Cheverly Jobs Details:
Telecom Engineer III - (Siemens Hi-Comm 3000 system experience required & VOIP experience a plus
Under limited supervision is responsible for providing technical expertise in telecom functions such as network design, engineering, implementation, integration, and end user support. Provides solutions and support for all Telecommunications equipment and applications including VOIP, PBX, voice mail, paging, modems, and wireless technology, etc. Provides recommendations for telecommunications solutions for end user business needs and resolutions for complex problems.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Provides necessary direction and support for maintaining the day to day telecommunications infra-structure. Analyzes telecommunications problems and needs (e.g. interference, intelligibility, clarity, etc.).
Makes recommendations to management for telecom network design, and modifications including the procurement of supplies and equipment and direct vendor and user interface. Provides technical assistance to technicians engaged in the design, construction, installation, maintenance and repair of electronic and telecommunications equipment.
Directs and ensures network monitoring and tuning for the Telecommunications network is carried out on a regular basis. Works assigned action items, to include monitoring and reporting progress in status reports. Utilizes industry standard installation practices to insure highly reliable voice services.
Provides direction and support for necessary modifications to the Telecommunications network and equipment as needed. Liaises with Network Engineers to ensure system stability and overall health of the voice network. Ensure change management procedures are followed and documentation is kept up to date as changes are made to the environment.
Maintains regular contact with users regarding status of open or pending service calls as directed.
Provides input and recommendations to staff and management when potential problem areas are identified or policies or procedures require modification or new ones are needed. Develop and set up test plans. Recommend and follow proper escalation procedures to minimize any outages that may occur.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent related experience is required. Additional certifications may be required.
2. Eight(8) years experience in PBX, VOIP, voice mail, paging, modems, and wireless, etc. is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Technical knowledge of telecommunications, testing equipment, tone generators, scopes, tone amplifiers, punch tools and various crimp tools is required.
2. Knowledge of electronic repair, troubleshooting techniques and test equipment.
3. Possesses good customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
4. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with user personnel and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations.
5. Excellent organization skills; demonstrates confidence and creativity.
6. Ability to read and to follow instructions accurately, timely and effectively. Ability to read technical equipment operation manuals.
7. Excellent demonstrated skills in general telecommunications applications such as VOIP, PBX, voice mail, paging, modems, and wireless, etc. Also telecommunications testing equipment, tone generators, scopes, tone amplifiers, punch and various crimp tools.
8. Ability to work with potentially hazardous tools and power equipment, safely and effectively.
9. Effective verbal communication skills are required to work with all levels of staff. Effective writing skills are required in order to document work performed, work schedules and work performance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.