Victim Advocate Adava Jobs Vacancy in Magellan Health Fort Stewart
Magellan Health Fort Stewart urgently required following position for Victim Advocate Adava. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Victim Advocate Adava Jobs Vacancy in Magellan Health Fort Stewart Jobs Details:
- Provides crisis intervention and comprehensive services to include emotional support, arrangement of transportation; accompany victims to medical, legal and/or law enforcement appointments, assist in securing protective orders, emergency food and/or shelter and information benefits.
- Works directly with victims to ensure that expressed needs are advocated and presented to personnel at intervening agencies.
- Assesses imminent risks for health and/or safety of the victim and make referrals as appropriate.
- Assists victims with navigating the system to obtain the services desired and refer victims to the appropriate services for continued care.
- Ensures victims of domestic abuse receive sensitive, confidential and immediate comprehensive care and treatment needed to restore health and well-being.
- Performs initial screening, risk and safety assessment and safety planning with victims of domestic abuse.
- Assists victims in developing safety plans, conduct a risk assessment, and provide emotional support, crisis intervention, prevention awareness and education to victims.
- Liaisons with the installation Program Manager to ensure that comprehensive victim services and training are provided through a coordinated community response to domestic abuse or sexual abuse victims, family members, civilians and soldiers.
- Provides crisis intervention and a warm hand off to community resources for victims who are not eligible for services through Military Healthcare Services.
- Provides information on victim services and resources available on and/or off the installation.
- Coordinates with the Program Manager to develop procedures that ensure victims of domestic abuse receive timely and appropriate information.
- Makes contact either telephonically or face to face with a victim of domestic/sexual abuse (as appropriate) within 20 minutes of receipt of call or contact by other means.
- Explains reporting options during the initial contact whenever possible to ensure that the victim makes informed decisions about whom to disclose information regarding the abuse.
- Ensures that first responders, (Emergency Medical Services and or law enforcement etc.) when appropriate, are contacted immediately during emergencies and in situations where there is imminent harm to the victim or others.
- Operates within established guidelines.
- Conducts domestic abuse training and awareness programs.
General Job Information
Victims Advocate, ADAVA
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/20/2018
Date Requisition Created10/26/2018
EducationBachelors: Counseling (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor"s Degree from an accredited school in social/work, psychology, marriage, family, and child counseling, counseling or behavioral science, education, community health or public health.
- Two years" experience working with victims of domestic abuse/sexual assault violence or victim advocacy services.
- Working knowledge of Family violence dynamics, safety planning, risk assessments, local community resources, and federal and state laws pertaining to domestic abuse or sexual assault, Family law and the Victim Rights Bill.
- Possess ability to intervene in crisis situations, using sound professional judgment, ethical practice, and common sense.
- Ability to work independently to assess risk, develop, implement, and evaluate safety and intervention plans to meet victim needs.
- Demonstrated understanding, sensitivity, and empathy for victims.
- Possess the ability to develop trusting helping relationships.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with individuals and families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to work cooperatively with military and civilian medical, social service, law enforcement, and legal personnel on behalf of victims.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle license.
- Must possess transportation to transport victim in crisis (non-emergent) situations as a last resort.
- Must be able to provide on-call 24 hours/7 days per week victim advocacy services.
- One year experience working with a military Family Support Center; or civilian social service agency preferred or experience as a military Family member.
- Understanding of the military and DOD FAP and VAP.
- Possess working knowledge of military protocol when addressing Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Government personnel.
- Must speak, read, understand, and write English fluently.
- Be computer literate and possess proficiency in computer skills to use Microsoft Office Suite to prepare briefing slides, information papers, and enter data in required management reports and utilize information systems to prepare required reports and information.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with civilian and military personnel at all levels.
- Willing to travel within an estimated 50-mile radius of the assigned installation.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled