Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Miller Cooper Deerfield
Miller Cooper Deerfield urgently required following position for Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Miller Cooper Deerfield Jobs Details:
ATTENTION: CFO / Controllers / Accounting Managers!
Miller Cooper is hiring for either office - Chicago or Deerfield!
Are you a seasoned professional who is tired of the same month-end close, the same accounting issues and the same accounting staff to manage year after year?
We have the solution for you! Join our expanding Client Accounting Services team and revitalize your career with Miller Cooper & Co., LTD., a public accounting firm serving entrepreneurial, middle market businesses. We are the 11th largest firm in Chicago and we are currently seeking a Client Accounting Services professional to perform accounting services for our clients in a Controller/CFO capacity.
The challenge and variety of your assignments will be just the boost you need to remain engaged and excited about your accounting career! We offer a choice of two offices and the flexibility of full or part-time positions.
If you wish you were more excited about going to work every day, please respond – we would love to talk with you.
Responsibilities might include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, monitor and execute the daily accounting functions of our clients, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and inventory accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop and implement best practices in accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare / review financial statements and reporting package, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow. Investigate variances and trends.
- Perform/orchestrate month end closings.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Monthly bank reporting/credit compliance.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Oversee the HR function.
Background and Required Experience:
- BA degree in Accounting (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a controller/CFO role or public accounting, specifically with an audit or client accounting background
- Experience with accounting for inventory (preferred)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Quicken, Word, Excel
- Proven leadership experience in managing a team
- Detail oriented yet able to see the big picture and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Highly motivated and willing to take initiative
- Willingness to travel to clients
From: Miller Cooper