Community Health Educator Jobs Vacancy in Aetna
Aetna urgently required following position for Community Health Educator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Community Health Educator Jobs Vacancy in Aetna Jobs Details:
We are building an exciting new clinical and member experience program at Aetna. Aetna Community Care is a member centric, team-delivered, community based care management model that joins members where they are.
The Community Health Educator possesses a broad working knowledge of community resources and is responsible in supporting member-centered care management across the health care continuum. The Community Health Educator works within with the inter-disciplinary care team, in providing coordinated services for ACC members. Community Health Educators will work with Commercial and Medicare Advantage members and their families. They will address members resource needs and effectively utilize community resources, plan benefit resources and actively contribute to the plan of care to promote members well-being by participating in providing cost effective outcomes.
- Identifies and escalates safety and quality of care issues that are in accordance with the Procedure, Conduct and Safety for Face to Face Visits.
- Utilizes knowledge and experience of assigned Zone to contribute and secure resources that address the members needs. Actively contributes of the resource directory and reviews content for accuracy and services in each respective zone.
- Contributes to the members plan of care and health outcomes. Identifies Problems, creates goals and interventions that are congruent with Members needs and approval.
- Community Health Educator is an active participant in the inter-disciplinary care team , attends case reviews and rounds as appropriate and when requested.
- Helps member actively participate with their provider and the care team regarding decisions that impact their health care Adheres to care management, privacy and confidentiality, and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines and company policies and procedures.
- Documents all communications through, Case Logs, Case Notes and Care Plan, with Members in the Med Compass Platform System. Adheres to documentation policies of within 24 hours of member contact.
- Reviews work prior to documentation in Med-Compass. Reviews for accuracy, and that information entered is specific to work performed on behalf of the Member.
- Provides data, and other case information as requested by the Program Manager and other Senior Members of the Leadership Team. Responds to Program Manager and other members on the Senior Leadership team upon request.
- Reviews and Responds within 24 hours to any corrective action on a members file that is conducted routinely through a quality improvement process.
- Actively utilizes ACC Policies and Procedures and implements best practices by following documented procedures through ACC SharePoint.
Background Experience desired:
- Comprehensive working knowledge of community resources (e.g. faith based/nonprofit services) for Commercial & Medicare Advantage population
- Ability to travel within a designated geographic area to conduct home visits required
- Ability to flex work hours at times to meet member needs required
- Community health/public health experience preferred
- Managed care/Medicare/Medicaid experience preferred
- Experience in a healthcare setting and medical terminology preferred e.g. Certified Nurses Aid
- The minimum level of education required for candidates in this position is a High School Diploma or minimum of 2 years equivalent experience
- Associate's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services or Health Education preferred
Field-based position covering the following NJ County: Camden County, NJ
Additional Job Information:
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.Together we will empower people to live healthier lives. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.