Staff Research Associate Jobs Vacancy in Ucla Los Angeles
Ucla Los Angeles urgently required following position for Staff Research Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Staff Research Associate Jobs Vacancy in Ucla Los Angeles Jobs Details:
Under supervision of the Principal Investigator, conduct research in slow hippocampal oscillations in rodents operating in virtual reality and their effect on a single neuronal and population activity. Assist Principal Investigator with summarization, analysis and organization of experimental data for publication. Assist Principal Investigator with preparation of grant applications. Assist graduate students and other personnel rotating through the lab.
Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Bachelor's degree in Physics or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ph.D. in Physics or related field.
3. Experience working in a research laboratory.
4. Ability to carry-out a predefined task list with minimal supervision.
5. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, students, and administrative staff.
6. Experience to find solutions to unforeseen difficulties that arise in the laboratory.
7. Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
8. General working knowledge of University policies and procedures.
9. Knowledge of research related to hippocampal oscillations in rodents.
10. Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds and basic knowledge of laboratory safety procedures.
11. Experience and knowledge to record and report findings to an individual or at group meetings.
12. Ability to write scientific papers and reports using correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Additional Posting Information
RX-Research Support Professionals
External Posting Date: