Economist Jobs Vacancy in Federal Government Washington
Federal Government Washington urgently required following position for Economist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Economist Jobs Vacancy in Federal Government Washington Jobs Details:
- Provides research, data analysis, and economic assessment in support of MCC's results framework, including constraints analysis, root cause analysis, economic rate of return analysis, beneficiary analysis, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Participates in a variety of complex economic research projects and assignments associated with the economic assessment of long-term international development programs affiliated with country compacts.
- Provides support for the analysis of the binding constraints to growth in partner countries and the economics and policy frameworks in the sectors under consideration.
- Conducts cost benefit analysis (CBA), including for economic rate of return (ERR) and beneficiary analyses, identifies key risks and drivers of the CBA results.
- Identifies data needs, designs surveys or other data collection as needed, identifies the appropriate method of analysis, and communicates with country teams, consultants, stakeholders, and counterparts to obtain the information required on program logic, context, economic costs, and likely impacts of proposed interventions by MCC.
- Communicates findings and economic intuition clearly and succinctly in IMC documents, to country teams, and stakeholders as required.
- Conducts economic research and special projects for lead economists, department and corporate management when requested.
- Coordinates and leads the procurement of contractors and consultants and provides active support in the management of contractual resources.
- Organizes regular meetings of MCC economists and evaluation practitioners.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- More than 1 job may be filled if additional vacancies occur within 120 days
- Some domestic and international travel maybe required
QualificationsThis position has a minimum education requirement.
You must have a degree in economics that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
You must have a combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
To qualify for pay band 4a you must also meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience relevant to the position duties and comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4b (GS-12) or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, this experience is defined as; conducting economic research and data analysis (ex. constraints analysis, economic rate of return analysis, beneficiary analysis, monitoring and impact evaluation) in support of compact development or implementation programs/projects; and experience preparing technical analyses, recommendations, policies and summary reports for use at meetings, external events, and other forums. Note: This experience MUST be well documented within your resume or application.
Highly Desirable : Understanding of and experience in using the Highway Development and Maintenance Management System (HDM-IV) model and transport/infrastructure economics
Highly Desirable: Master's degree (Economics or Public Policy)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized experience.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
- The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower level, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- Qualifications by Closing Date: You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Please note that qualification claims will be subject to verification.
- Pay: Your pay will be set within the range specified in this vacancy announcement and will be based on your qualifications, education, experience, training, and availability of funds.
- Promotion Potential: If the position is advertised with promotion potential, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition. Selection at a lower pay band level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level, nor is the promise of promotion implied.
- DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination.
- Selectee may be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Form (OGE 450).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government contractor issued travel card to be used for official business.
- Selectee may be required to complete a probationary/trial period.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your application and supporting documents will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for the position and to ensure that you have been placed in the appropriate quality category. The HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position such as:
- Technical Competence
You will be evaluated based on Category Rating procedures. Based on the information you provided in your application package, you will be placed in one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and may be called for an interview.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your category can and will be adjusted to more reflect your abilities, and you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Application of veteran's Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. http:// www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#GS-PROF-OCCUPATIONS
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
The following documents must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
- Resume - Applicants MUST utilize resumes created using the USAJOBS-formatted Resume Builder ( http://www.usajobs.gov//how-to/account/documents/resume/build/
- Responses to Occupational Questionnaire
- Unofficial college transcripts - if the position has an education requirement or if you are using education to qualify "Unofficial" transcripts are acceptable. If selected for the position, prior to your appointment, an official transcript will be required.
- If you are displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority consideration under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) or Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP). View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered eligible under ICTAP or CTAP, you must be placed in the "well-qualified" category for this position, as described above.
- Veterans Preference documentation (DD-214 - member 4 copy or other copies that indicate character of discharge or equivalent, SF-15 and VA Letter as appropriate) to validate your claim. For more information regarding eligibility requirements, please go to: www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
- If you are eligible for Special Appointment eligibility (e.g., 30% compensable veteran, individuals with disabilities, former Peace Corps or other noncompetitive eligibility candidates.) requires submission of supporting documentation. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/employ/students/fedhire.asp#authorities, http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/individualswithdisabilities.asp,http://www.opm.gov/disability
- Form - Demographic Information on Applicants, OMB No. 3046-0046. This form is available at http://www.eeoc.gov/federal/upload/OMB-3046-0046.pdf (Optional).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is located in the Department of Policy and Evaluation (DPE), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-13, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 4a which is generally equal to GS-13.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.