Technical Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Awareness Technology Inc Palm City
Awareness Technology Inc Palm City urgently required following position for Technical Support Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Awareness Technology Inc Palm City Jobs Details:
The Technical Support Technician will assist and work directly with our customers supporting them by solving their technical questions and developing a working knowledge of Awareness Technology products. Excellent record keeping and follow-up as well as problem solving skills will be needed to resolve issues and meet or exceed customer expectations on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Develop technical expertise regarding our products, systems, and services.
- Support our customers by providing necessary information on all of our instruments via telephone and email in a timely and professional manner.
- Document problems and solutions in the Tech Support central database; prepare service reports and documents technical service problems to Sales Management. Follow up on open issues.
- Deliver service and support to end-users using telephone support and remote connection or over the Internet; troubleshoot and diagnose user issues regarding ATI products. Record all communication.
- Review technical manuals and attend training sessions. Explain and demonstrate how to operate Awareness Technology laboratory equipment. Manage installation and training of ChemWell instruments.
- Repair a range of electronic, electromechanical, and hydraulic subassembly's for equipment. Proficient using hand tools, such as screwdrivers, wrenches, and soldering irons. Additional understanding using electronic tools, such as multimeters and computers; and reading schematics depending on the repair.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues, test and calibrate equipment, repair and replace parts, perform preventive maintenance and service.
- Provide competent, professional service with accurate service information to Awareness Technology customers. Report and escalate customer questions when necessary to senior level management.
- Perform physical service repairs and preventative maintenance to Awareness Technology products, in the field, at customer laboratory or office, and in the Awareness Technology service department and internal departments as needed.
- Communicate effectively with other areas of the company to report on technical problems that affect instrument performance and customer's perceptions. Record all technical service issues that customers are complaining about, and exceed customer expectations to provide feedback to Awareness Technology Sales, Engineering and Quality Assurance.
- Prepares instructional materials and training agenda, performs ChemWell and other Awareness Technology products information for training classes at ATI training facility and on customer's site.
- Participates in trade shows and promotional activities to demonstrate the product.
- Travels to client sites, or works with clients at the factory, to install product or upgrades, and teach users to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot.
- Tracks product upgrades and helps customers take advantage of them.
- Assists with programming new applications and with troubleshooting of product and application problems
- Stay aligned to ATI's culture and values and represent Awareness Technology in a positive and highly professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency with computers, MS Office required
- Experience with laboratory instruments and reagents, preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to use discretion and make decisions independently
- Travel domestically and international as needed
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a passport for International travel
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- 2yr Electronics Engineering Technology (EET)
- 3 or more years of fast-paced work environment experience is required
- Experience troubleshooting via telephone or email, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience working with a team to solve problems and achieve goals
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others
- Spanish written and verbal communication skills - a plus
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives remaining flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization while remaining ethical and passionate about their job responsibilities
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; being an innovative thinker and comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions
Must be able to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) and understand concepts of log and other non-linear curves.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand and/or move while performing job duties
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field of vision. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
- Must have dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment; hearing and speaking ability to exchange information in person or on the telephone; sight ability to read schematics and information
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/DFWP Skills testing are a required part of the application process for each position.