Economic Benefits Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Paso County Colorado Springs
Paso County Colorado Springs urgently required following position for Economic Benefits Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Economic Benefits Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Paso County Colorado Springs Jobs Details:
***$1,950.85 Bi-Weekly / Depends on Qualifications***
Supervises the planning, organizing, monitoring, and training of a variety of benefit programs including but not limited to: Health First Colorado (formerly Medicaid), Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP), Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps), Colorado Works, Adult Financial, and Long Term Care. Delegates and oversees special projects and activities.
- Communicates the mission of the El Paso County Department of Human Services (DHS); supervises the daily operation of assigned unit(s).
- Interprets, communicates, and implements rules, policies, procedures, and regulations of assigned programs. Recommends policy/procedure updates to senior level staff; implements changes to business practices.
- Coordinates and participates in Management Evaluation reviews; conducts and completes written performance evaluations for employees; assists with hiring, termination, discipline, and motivation of staff.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and quantity of work completed by the unit; compares work to established standards. Responds to error cases cited by Quality Assurance and other audits.
- Utilizes data and reports to meet program guidelines/expectations and identify areas of opportunity for potential improvement. Ensures program is working to meet or exceed Colorado Department of Human Services C-Stat Program goals. Prepares, designs, and implements plans for improvement in respective unit.
- Monitors and tracks timeliness within the unit, division, and agency.
- Monitors and ensures preparation for local and state appeals.
- Resolves problems between employees and clients; responds to client complaints and concerns; conducts County dispute resolutions.
- Tracks and monitors leave requests and records of hours worked.
- Provides local presentations of DHS services and programs as assigned; may serve as liaison to the community.
- Participates in internal and external committees as a representative of the department.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Minimum three (3) years human services related experience to include knowledge of eligibility determination or department of human services programs, resources, and policies and procedures required.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS) preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of public assistance rules, regulations, and procedures. Knowledge of community assistance resources and agencies.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with co-workers, clients, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to efficiently plan, schedule, and organize.
- Ability to assess situations and make prudent and appropriate decisions; ability to apply conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead and train others; ability to objectively review the performance of others.
- Ability to use standard office equipment to include computer, fax machine, copier, and telephone.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle record check.
Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Work is primarily performed in a high volume office environment; some travel may be required. May be exposed to clients in stressful situations. May be required to work evening and weekend hours.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER