Unit Clerical Asst Jobs Vacancy in Texas Children Hospital Houston
Texas Children Hospital Houston urgently required following position for Unit Clerical Asst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Unit Clerical Asst Jobs Vacancy in Texas Children Hospital Houston Jobs Details:
We are searching for a Unit Clerical Assistant—someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you’ll perform receptionist and clerical responsibilities for assigned unit. We need someone who can represent the Hospital, utilizing effective customer service skills, ensure that hospital visitation guidelines are followed and that the waiting area is used appropriately, and to assist the families of patients in obtaining needed information.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Serves as a receptionist to all visitors, provides appropriate information upon request, and accurately takes and delivers family messages, locates families at request of health team members
- Positively interacts with other members of the health care team, in order to meet the needs of the patient and family
- Promptly and courteously answers patient calls and notifies the appropriate clinician of the patient’s need
- Greets all visitors courteously with respect to social, cultural, and ethnic needs
- Demonstrates cost effective materials management by maintaining and ordering supplies, appropriate par levels, and proper equipment and functioning as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
- Ensures Chart Lite contain all necessary forms that are clearly labeled, as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
- Ensures daily charges are entered, audited, and reconciled to include follow-up on discrepancies as measured by supervisory observation and accuracy of reconciliation reports
- Incorporates the use of available software programs to meet unit needs as measured by supervisory observation
- Greets all persons entering and exiting the unit and provides identification stickers to visitors
- Remains current in unit/hospital information by attending unit meetings and reading meeting minutes 90% of the time, as measured by review of unit records
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience as secretarial/administrative coordinator in hospital/doctor’s office is preferred
- Knowledge of basic secretarial functions and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
- Ability to operate office equipment, telephone system, personal computer, facsimile and photocopy machine
- Demonstrates good time management skills
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills