Network Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Hunting Energy Services Inc Houston
Hunting Energy Services Inc Houston urgently required following position for Network Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Network Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Hunting Energy Services Inc Houston Jobs Details:
The Jr. Network Administrator is primarily responsible for assisting the network team with day to day technical support of the telecom network globally. This includes activities associated with engineering, implementation, operations and end user support for the wired and wireless network, internet and WAN circuits, and telepresence systems. We are a Cisco customer and as such most of our equipment is manufactured by Cisco. Hands-on training by our network engineers will increase the knowledge and experience of the Jr. Network Administrator as they grow in their career. Many tasks that will be performed will be in supporting the network engineers. The administrator is responsible for following current procedures, adhering to change management controls and escalating technical issues for input and guidance as required. The role is also responsible to help identify, analyze, document and manage the implementation of both short term tactical and longer term strategic solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness and service quality.
What You Will Do
Daily Operations Support
- Assist network team with organizing the monitoring system to ensure all network devices are included and monitored.
- Alert monitoring using our monitoring tools to keep our team’s finger on the pulse and assist us with providing speedy response to network outages.
- Deploy, test, maintain and troubleshoot network equipment with the assistance of senior members of the network team.
- Assist network team with providing and managing a secure, high performance network, for services including LAN, WAN, HWAN, WLAN, DIA, MPLS, VOIP, QoS and CoS.
- Create, maintain and update diagrams/documentation of evolving network environment and operational procedures with assistance from the network team.
- Interface and communicate with customers on network requests and support issues, follow through to completion and provide updates through helpdesk application
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external peers to accomplish assignments
- Travel to offices in North America and other remote locations from time to time for projects is possible.
What You Need
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math, Engineering or Business Administration– OR – 1 years information systems experience reflecting increasing levels of experience – OR – 2 years of information systems experience including a high school diploma or GED reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Required to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when necessary for emergency outages
- Required to be on-call for remote or on-site after-hours work
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio at an intermediate level
- Required to lift or move up to 75 pounds
- Must have ability to work both independently and in a group
- Must have a positive attitude, patience and excellent customer service skills
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience writing documentation and creating diagrams
- 3 or more years of related experience within a network support role.
- Deep Knowledge of Cisco network technologies and solutions
- Experience in the administration and support of Cisco’s network equipment portfolio including but not limited to campus and/or datacenter switching, routing, wireless etc.
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure running LAN, WAN, HWAN, WLAN, DIA, MPLS, VOIP, QoS and CoS.
- Familiarity with ManageEngine ServiceDesk for incident management
- Good team player, willing to share knowledge with the team
- Strong desire to learn and grow your skill
- Practical experience with remote monitoring tools
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, problem solving skills
- Extreme efficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Visio, etc. Ability to work with team to build project schedules and timelines
- Any Cisco Certifications or Network+
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Information Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)