Research And Development Technician Jobs Vacancy in Martin Preferred Foods Houston
Martin Preferred Foods Houston urgently required following position for Research And Development Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research And Development Technician Jobs Vacancy in Martin Preferred Foods Houston Jobs Details:
When you join the Martin Preferred Foods Team, you become a member of our “family.” You become a key member of our 75 year-old, family-owned food processing and distribution company, where our vision is adding flavor to life with food solutions that delight the pallet while yielding exceptional value. All of our team members are passionate about crafting food solutions that create an exceptional customer experience.
Primary Job Duties
The duties and responsibilities of the R&D Technician shall consist of, but not limited to, the following:
- Participates in the development of any new product recipes or formulas by assisting in the sample creation of said products.
- Creation of R&D databases including a sample labeling system, sample inventory system, customer contact info, and sample shipping letters.
- Maintains an inventory of samples for existing production items
- Responsible for filling Sales department sample order requests
- Tracking of sample shipments
- Development of Item Specifications for production
- Maintenance of spice specs including nutritionals, ingredient statement, etc.
- The position will involve project management as well as effective coordination and communication with the Production and Operations departments. Establishing a working relationship with MPF Sales personnel is also a necessary part of the job.
- Maintains a thorough technical knowledge of all products produced within the company, including recipe, consistency, characteristics, product packaging, labeling within the company, specifications, etc.
Must have a minimum of 2-years’ experience in the further processing of fresh meat and poultry with an emphasis in R&D, Production, or Lab. Or a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Must possess effective leadership skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adequate computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work alone in a lab setting as well as with others.
- Must be courteous, professional, attentive, and punctual, and you must embrace our company core values of Safety, Family, Integrity, Accountability, Customer-Centric, and Going the Extra Mile.
This position requires the employee to regularly sit, use hands manipulate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee will need to frequently stand and walk. This position requires the employee to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. This position requires the employee to often carry objects weighing up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Mostly food production plant that requires regular visits to all areas of the plant to direct and coordinate objectives pertinent to the R&D department. Regular work in Refrigerated temperatures. Occasional work in Freezer temperatures.
Benefits Available per MPF policies
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Accident, and Short Term Disalibility
Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal
2017 White St., Houston, TX 77007
Tuesday & Thursday
9am - 4pm
Martin Preferred Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified candidates without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27,040.00 to $30,160.00 /year
- Meat and Poultry Processing: 2 years (Required)
- R&D Production: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Houston, TX (Required)
- United States (Required)