Engineering Technician Jobs Vacancy in Yeti Coolers Austin
Yeti Coolers Austin urgently required following position for Engineering Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineering Technician Jobs Vacancy in Yeti Coolers Austin Jobs Details:
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you'll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you'll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are built for the wild.
This position will report into the Project Engineering Manager. The Engineering Technician will entail a broad scope of vital engineering functions. The primary responsibility will involve the integration of new products into the manufacturing process. You will identify the manufacturability of new products, design and draft fixtures, and incorporate them into the equipment. Work closely with the software team to debug scripts and validate the correlation with the hardware.
Must be flexible for shift changes to meet the needs of the business. This position will be on 1st shift, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM.
- Calibrate lasers and robotics to a high level of accuracy and quality standards
- Construct test plans and train production personnel on the functionality and retool changes
- Alter facility prints for process improvements and new equipment layouts
- Incorporate lean principles to reduce bottlenecks and improve safety and/or ergonomics
- Assist technicians as needed with complex electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic faults
- Diagnose PLC logic and microprocessor controlled platforms
- High attention to detail and capable of identifying problems before they occur
- Produce digital visual aids to management such as Gantt charts and MS office applications in a professional manner
- 8+ years of experience as an equipment technician
- Associates degree preferred
- 4+ years of practice troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Proven ability to read and modify PLC logic and troubleshoot microprocessor controlled systems
- Experience troubleshooting robotics
- Proven knowledge with common testing equipment such as multimeters, calipers, and dial indicators
- Basic knowledge with AutoCAD 2D
- Self-driven and motivated
- Understanding of basic coding in one or more languages
- Awareness of LOTO, OSHA, and city ordinances to provide a safe work environment
- Adhere to quality craftsmanship standards and work practices
- Skillful with windows operating systems
- Experience with ablation lasers and robotic spray systems is preferred
- Experience with water treatment systems is preferred
- Able to move or lift 50 lbs
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping, and reaching
- Ability to wear PPE when working conditions require