Maintenance Technician Jobs Vacancy in Newcastle Place Mequon
Newcastle Place Mequon urgently required following position for Maintenance Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Maintenance Technician Jobs Vacancy in Newcastle Place Mequon Jobs Details:
The Maintenance Technician will maintain, install, repair, and modify mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems throughout the facility. This position reports to the Director of Plant Operations. This position is full time opportunity working Sunday thru Thursdays 6:30am - 3:00pm.
Essential Job Duties:
- Makes security and equipment rounds as assigned by Chief Engineer. Be alert to security issues that need to be addressed. Check equipment in equipment rooms as assigned.
- Maintain the fire alarms system and respond to fire alarms and reset system.
- Perform repairs as needed; such as inside and outside lighting, misc. electrical, plumbing, doors and windows, HVAC, etc.
- Make routine checks of all elevator systems.
- Install and maintain data for preventative maintenance on equipment on computer.
- Assist with product deliveries and new equipment placement. Install and repair all kitchen equipment.
- Make detex rounds.
- Change oxygen tanks for the Nursing Department as necessary.
- Perform PM maintenance on all building equipment as assigned.
- Maintain grounds on property.
- Communicates problems to Director of Plant Operations.
- Maintains all tools, equipment and supplies in proper condition.
- Assist with snow removal as required.
- Must be available to cover mandatory shifts when other maintenance personnel are on vacation.
- All employees are expected to respond to emergency situations involving the safety of residents, other employees and our physical plant. This includes the ability to assist with a possible evacuation of residents.
- All employees are responsible to adhere to all facility policy and procedures as they relate to compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Medicare Compliance. All employees are responsible to ensure that any Protected Health Information and Medicare Compliance Information that he/she comes in contact with is maintained in a confidential manner.
- Abide by emergency, safety and health regulations. Eliminate or report all hazardous conditions as they occur.
- Abide by all rules and policies set forth by the company and department.
- Attends in-service training and education session, as required.
- Employees are responsible to perform any other duties as assigned.
- Employees are expected to embrace a culture of hospitality and follow the 10 Hospitality Promises.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior maintenance experience in long-term care facility, preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to document services, as needed.
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively with residents, families and staff. Must use sound judgment, works well under pressure and possesses strong organizational skills.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Moderate to heavy physical effort; may be exposed to the elements (heat, cold, rain, snow); work in area with high voltage electricity, hazardous equipment and moving parts; work on roof top and other high places; ability to set up and climb ladders safely with tools and equipment necessary for assigned work; must be able to lift 80 pounds; must be able to walk, stand and stoop for an extended period of time (over 80% of the time); exposure to a variety of chemicals and dust daily; may be exposed to the HBV and HIV viruses.
Frequently working indoors with exposure to dust, grease/oil, dust, and mechanical/electrical hazards. Occasional exposure to blood, hazardous waste material, toxins/poisonous materials, outside weather/seasonal conditions/humidity and wetness, loud/unpleasant noises, and bodily injury.
Hand tools, large tools, small and large pumps/motors, hand trucks, tool carts, utility carts, transport carts, ladders, valves, air compressors, HVAC equipment, electrical equipment, boilers and motorized equipment of all types
Company Overview Newcastle Place is a continuing care retirement community designed to accommodate persons 62 years of age or older. Newcastle Place displays picture-postcard beauty with views of gently sloping hills crowned by birches, wild grass and flowers. The original stone wall from the old Perkins Farms still stands at the entrance, and within a few miles is Stonington Point, a well-known landmark of sightseers and sailors.Newcastle Place provides retirees a life style designed to meet their unique needs while allowing them the freedom to pursue their personal interests. Continuing care communities, such as Newcastle Place, encompass these important components: an apartment, a wide array of personal services, and the security of an on-site professional health center, and assisted living.The primary intent of Newcastle Place is to assure residents of continuing care throughout their retirement years, the community is designed to create an environment that enriches the lives of the people who live there. The design of the main commons community provides large areas for dining and meetings without detracting from the homelike environment of Newcastle Place.To help achieve our purposes, Newcastle Place has retained Life Care Services, LLC to manage the community. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, LCS is recognized as a leader in development and management of life-care retirement communities. Since 1961, the leaders of LCS have been instrumental in planning, developing, and managing more than 100 retirement communities throughout the United States. LCS is now managing approximately 100+ retirement communities similar to our community.PHILOSOPHYThe TEAM of employees at Newcastle Place provides SERVICE and QUALITY care to our residents. The four keys to our operating philosophy are: TEAM, SERVICE, QUALITY and HOSPITALITY.A TEAM is a group of individuals working together to accomplish a common goal. Our mutual goal is to provide service and quality care to our residents.Our residents will receive better service and higher quality care with teamwork. You are a very important part of the team. Your consistent, cheerful, and honest dedication to the performance of your job will build a more pleasant and rewarding relationship with your team members.SERVICE is one of the oldest acts of hospitality and is the foundation of the life care concept. Service represents something very special to our residents. The level of service Newcastle Place provides is important to building and maintaining its reputation as the "best". Therefore, it is important for all team members to nurture a service and hospitality oriented environment.QUALITY is a degree of excellence; a level of superior service. Newcastle Place is known and respected for the excellent quality care provided to residents. Our goal is to maintain this level of superiority by providing the very highest quality care possible. Meeting this goal requires a commitment to excellence, a desire to improve, and a willingness to go above and beyond.HOSPITALITY is a degree of which Newcastle Place fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following promises in all of our job descriptions.
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
- We serve the customer, first and foremost.
- We deal honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We maintain a long-term perspective.
- We are diligent and persevering.
- We are interconnected and interdependent.