Administrative Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in United Network For Organ Sharing Richmond
United Network For Organ Sharing Richmond urgently required following position for Administrative Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in United Network For Organ Sharing Richmond Jobs Details:
The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) coordinates the nation’s organ transplant system, providing vital services to meet the needs of men, women and children awaiting lifesaving organ transplants. Based in Richmond, Va., UNOS is a private, nonprofit membership organization.
UNOS members encompass every transplant hospital, tissue matching laboratory and organ procurement organization in the United States, as well as voluntary health and professional societies, ethicists, transplant patients and organ donor advocates.
About the Position:
The Policy and Community Relations Department leads advocacy and engagement efforts with OPTN members, key leaders, and other transplant community stakeholders. The Department engages these stakeholders and other additional experts to identify problems, understand community perspectives, evaluate issues, and develop potential solutions for the transplant community. The Department builds community relationships and advocates for OPTN/UNOS strategic initiatives. Policy and Community Relations staff guide the OPTN national transplant policy making process including promoting consistency with NOTA and the Final Rule. The Department assists with implementing other solutions including responding to member inquiries, providing guidance, and education.
The Administrative Coordinator serves as an integral part of a collaborative, cross-functional team in the Department. The Administrative Coordinator supports the Department in carrying out all primary functions and special projects. The Administrative Coordinator supports production of OPTN deliverables and meeting management and logistics. This position is responsible for general administrative tasks as well as assisting with coordinating special projects.
Support the Production of Written Documents
- Review documents for readability, completeness, and compliance with institutional requirements.
- Support the production of written documents.
- Edit documents for clarity, adherence to company style, and redaction of protected or confidential information.
- Generate final versions and post to internal document sharing sites, public websites and distribution lists as appropriate.
- Review and edit documents for 508-accessibility compliance.
- Coordinate internal meetings.
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of regional and committee meetings
- Perform administrative activities related to regional and committee meetings including the following:
- Develop shipping schedule to ensure timely deliverable of meeting materials
- Develop print schedule for meeting and public comment books
- Coordinate IT equipment needs and submit equipment request
- Assess and order meeting supplies
- Develop packing lists and mailing labels
- Pack and ship meeting boxes and IT equipment
- Create and print name badges
- Support regional meeting trainings
- Attend planning and other meetings as needed
- Send communications to regional mailing lists and individual members
- Assist with coordination of meeting logistics and other meeting materials as requested
- Send out availability polls, compile responses, and communicate final dates to staff and attendees. Set up and assist with conducting teleconferences.
- Collect and distribute written materials for internal and external meetings as requested.
- Coordinate schedules for Department leaders.
- Draft and submit expense reports for Department leaders.
- Order Department office supplies and maintain inventory.
- Create and maintain filing systems for the Department.
- Generate or compile deliverables for HRSA. This includes but is not limited to the list of committee meeting dates, contributions to the bi-monthly report, committee rosters, etc.
Special Projects Coordination
- Assist with responses to verbal and written inquiries on various topics related to the OPTN. (E.g. potential public comment submission, letters from the public, etc.)
- Assist with assessment and communication of staff travel to Board or committee meetings
- Assist with the preparation of standardized reports to the Board and committees. Collaborate with the UNOS Volunteer and Executive Office Coordinator as requested to support OPTN volunteer processes.
- Contribute to process improvement activities including updating and maintaining work instructions, process documentation and the Department SharePoint site.
- Assist with onboarding new staff.
- Two (2) years’ experience as an administrative assistant or equivalent work experience required. Experience as an executive or senior administrative assistant preferred. Experience in meeting and event management preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and directly supporting a team required.
- Experience with public policy and/or organ transplant terminology preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with learning and implementing new technology preferred.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including active listening skills.
- Problem-solving skills to address customer needs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to align all work with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
High school diploma required. College degree in business, public policy, or other related field of study preferred.
General office demands
For information on UNOS, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at https://unos.org/careers/ .
UNOS provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It will not unlawfully discriminate or permit harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, familial or marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristics or classification protected under applicable law (“protected categories”). This policy applies not only to hiring, but also to working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, training, appointments for advancement, transfers, layoffs, recalls, terminations of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
UNOS is also an affirmative action employer. It takes affirmative action to recruit and provide opportunities for advancement to qualified females and minorities, individuals with disabilities, special disabled veterans and other protected veterans. It hires and promotes based on job-related requirements and individual qualifications. Action is taken to ensure the fulfillment of this policy as to all phases of the employment process including hiring, placement, training, upgrading, transfers and/or demotions, recruiting, layoffs and termination of employment.
UNOS invites individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to identify themselves, if they wish to do so. Such communication will be kept as confidential as possible and will be used only in accordance with the law. Candidates may contact the EEO/AA Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to self-identify or request an accommodation.
Agency Statement: No Agencies Please.