Building Maintenance Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in City Winston Salem Winston-Salem
City Winston Salem Winston-Salem urgently required following position for Building Maintenance Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Building Maintenance Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in City Winston Salem Winston-Salem Jobs Details:
Under regular supervision by the Operations Manager, maintains and repairs buildings, operating systems and machinery at Public Assembly Facilities. Provides a safe and quality environment for customers and employees. Supervises part time staff and temporary staff as needed.
Examples of Duties:
preventive maintenance. Uses a variety of hand and power tools. Maintains and repairs: offices,
bathrooms, waterless urinals, water fountains, lighting, roof, flooring, doors and boiler. Inspects facilities and equipment for safety and repair issues.
Repairs and maintains City buildings to include ice rink. Performs routine maintenance on the Zamboni. Maintains ice rink to building specs for optimal performance, oversee employees to perform minor ice repairs and drive Zamboni.
Recommends improvements in facilities and equipment. Prepares and implements bids, purchase orders, and requests for services and equipment. Coordinates work with private contractors as needed.
Welds, cuts and fabricates parts and repairs as needed.
Supervisory responsibilities: Employees in this position are authorized to recommend and/or effect the full range of duties (with appropriate managerial review), including hiring, performance evaluations, transferring, promoting, assigning of significant duties, rewarding, disciplining and terminating employment; exercise independent judgment to direct others work and have the authority to take corrective action; and, utilize people skills to communicate, motivate and direct or oversee a person, group, department, or organization.
Performs other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Total Percentage.
- Two years' experience performing general facility maintenance, machine operations and repairs, and grounds maintenance.
- Working knowledge of ice facility maintenance and operations.
- Ability to operate light, medium and heavy power equipment safely; make decisions and delegate tasks; guide, train and oversee maintenance staff; enforce compliance with all regulations, standards, and guidelines; make emergency repairs to equipment and facilities; display an attitude of cooperation and work harmoniously with all levels of City employees, the general public and other organizations.
- Communicate effectively in the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
- complete assignments in a timely fashion; understand and comply with all rules, policies and regulations; maintain prompt and regular attendance; and perform all essential and marginal functions as assigned by an authorized employee, supervisor and/or manager with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Individuals must be capable of operating vehicles safely and have an acceptable driving record.
- Preferred Knowledge, Experience, And Training Four years of previous experience with ice facility maintenance and operation; Certified Ice Technician (CIT) through Serving the American Rinks (STAR).
- knowledge of governmental purchasing and bid requirements.
Supplemental Information: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Reasonable accommodations may substitute for physical requirements listed): Must be able to lift or move up to 50 - 75 lbs. This position will work inside conditions and outdoors and may be exposed to changing weather, adverse smells, dust and sights, loud sounds.
Valid NC driver's license.
10 hour OSHA Industry Training Program.