Student Information Data Specialist Unce Jobs Vacancy in Oklahoma Dhs
Oklahoma Dhs urgently required following position for Student Information Data Specialist Unce. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Student Information Data Specialist Unce Jobs Vacancy in Oklahoma Dhs Jobs Details:
STUDENT INFORMATION DATA SPECIALIST
Office of Data, Assessment & Accountability, Oliver Hodge Building, Oklahoma City
This position works in support of the State Department of Education (SDE) and their collections for student information, with the SDE Program staff and will serve as the subject matter expert in the SDE’s student information collections. The Student Information Data Specialist will work with the collections involving student information from the SDE’s student information system to ensure the data is collected properly, reducing reporting redundancies, ensuring that any legal or ethical standards are met.
The specialist will work primarily with electronic data and use complex software systems to maintain and organize data. Work will require knowledge of student accounting procedures and regulations, source data, and the functionality of the student information system in order to support school operations and to generate federal, state and local reports. The employee must communicate effectively with a wide variety of groups including students, teachers, principals, counselors, central office staff, parents, governmental agencies, and institutions of higher education.
This position will be the data steward for any student information collections, data, validations, etc.
• A bachelor’s degree [official transcript(s) required]; a master’s degree preferred;
- One or more years of experience working with database applications development and/or providing user application support/training;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite including strong Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required as well as experience in writing User Manuals and procedural documentation;
- Preference may be given to someone possessing a working knowledge of the state’s Student Information System and/or experience working in a public school.
• The successful candidate must possess superior analytical abilities and be able to learn new computer applications quickly in a fast paced environment;
- Experience with relational database technologies;
- Experience with data extraction, reporting and analysis tools;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Ability to work independently in solving problems;
- Experience using personal computers, PC based applications, Query tools and knowledge of how sophisticated computer systems are used to support education operations in state departments of education.
• Maintain and utilize the computerized student information system;
- Develop data standards, procedures and documentation;
- Ensure integrity of data, verifying information regarding data quality and data completeness;
- Produce reports as requested utilizing student level information;
- Assist with federal and state reporting of state data;
- Assist in the design of web based data collection projects pertaining to student level data;
- May develop and conduct trainings on the state’s student information system;
- Develop a working relationship with local student information system vendors;
- Stay current on Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF);
- Perform related work as required and assigned.
Less than 10% travel required.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $40,000 - $50,000
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.