Computer Scientist Engineer Systems Design Architecture Early Mid Career Jobs Vacancy in Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque
- Computer Scientist Engineer Systems Design Architecture Early Mid Career
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Albuquerque NM
- 09 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque urgently required following position for Computer Scientist Engineer Systems Design Architecture Early Mid Career. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Computer Scientist Engineer Systems Design Architecture Early Mid Career Jobs Vacancy in Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque Jobs Details:
What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art concepts to explore solutions? Do you want to join a dynamic team that solves significant issues for our nation's security?
We are seeking a Computer Science/Engineering professional to join the team. On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Research, prototype, architect and design cloud computing based solutions for successful operation of mission enabling or direct mission information systems
- Remain current on cutting-edge technology to cultivate development of application for real-world problems
- Work collaboratively with architects, developers, product owners, customers and end users to collect requirements, design solutions and deliver high quality, easy to use state of the art infrastructure
- Enable successful ground segment transition to the cloud environment
- Contribute to research and development in areas including cloud computing, container technologies, data and computing virtualization, and secure cloud architectures
Qualifications We Require
- You possess an undergraduate and/or advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Your background includes experience with cloud technologies and architectures
- You can obtain a SCI clearance, possibly requiring a polygraph examination
Qualifications We Desire
Ideally, your background will also include:
- Strong background with cloud infrastructure platforms and services including technologies such as OpenStack or Amazon Web Services.
- Technical expertise in network engineering, storage engineering and software architecture.
- Proven foundation in system-level design and delivering complex software and hardware architectures for mission information processing systems.
- Experience creating and deploying secure architectures to meet cybersecurity and information assurance requirements.
- Experience with current state of the art infrastructure automation, orchestration, continuous integration, and deployment techniques
- Experience with migrating systems to a secure cloud environment.
- History of successfully deploying large-scale information processing systems into operational environments.
- Awareness of emerging computing trends.
- Engagement in research and technology communities.
- Active DOE/DOD/SCI clearance
About Our Team
The Systems Design and Architecture Department designs, evaluates, and develops complex, high-performance software architectures for processing and exploitation of remote sensing information for high-consequence national security missions. We invent, analyze and implement the frameworks, infrastructure and algorithms that support real-time extraction and classification of static and dynamic events from a variety of very challenging data streams from pathfinder remote sensing assets.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
- These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a SCI security clearance.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship and SCI clearance, which may require a polygraph test.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.