Data Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Sentry San Francisco
Sentry San Francisco urgently required following position for Data Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Sentry San Francisco Jobs Details:
About this role
Sentry is on a mission to help developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. We're looking for an experienced Data Analyst to wrangle the complex data sets that drive Sentry's business. You will help us think better with data, and you'll work across our organization to quantify our success, discover opportunities, and develop insights.
Our business operations team works to achieve these goals:
Data democracy: Enable non-technical teams to discover data-driven insights.
Data visibility: Elevate the role of data in our decision making.
Data integrity: Guarantee that conclusions made from data can be trusted.
Data intuition: Surface trends and business insights.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work at the intersection of business and product to help us better understand our enterprise, and have an outsized impact on a hyper-growth company (almost a million users and growing quickly!). If that's you, start thinking of your new hire gif ( https://blog.sentry.io/2018/02/16/welcome-lauryn-brown ) right now!
As a data analyst at Sentry, you will:
- Build a robust and performant data warehouse schema
- Combine data from disparate sources into a unified & reliable source of truth
- Ensure data quality and verify complex queries for correctness
- Collaborate with data engineers to design sophisticated ETL pipelines
- Interface with internal data consumers to understand data needs
- Create data visualizations used by the executive team and board of directors
- You're excited by working with genuine "big data" that doesn't fit in memory
- You enjoy working cross-functionally with other departments, learning their business processes and how you can accelerate them
- You draw deep satisfaction from operating in a high-impact role that affects the entire organization
- Expert-level SQL knowledge and OLAP schema design principles
- Comfortable designing data pipelines and ETL processes
- 2+ years experience working in an previous analytics role
- Basic programming familiarity (python preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience modeling SaaS KPIs for early-stage startups
- Exposure to ETL tooling (airflow / luigi / similar tools)
- Exposure to data visualization tools (looker / data studio / redash / numeracy / similar tools)
- Contribute to an open source product ( https://github.com/getsentry/sentry ) used by tens of thousands of developers and companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team ( https://sentry.io/about/ ) that has worked on some of the world's most popular software products and open source tools
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Commuter subsidy
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy and 529 College Savings Plan
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance