Accounting Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in California Southern University Costa Mesa
California Southern University Costa Mesa urgently required following position for Accounting Support Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in California Southern University Costa Mesa Jobs Details:
Provides customer service to external and internal customers and provides administrative support to the accounting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned)
Serves as a primary learner service representative for learner Accounts, accounting, and finance department assisting learners as well as internal staff:
- Answers written and phone inquiries and explain existing tuition payment plans, payment postings, and existing balances, as well as compiles, account audits
- Responds to and initiates phone calls, letters and emails, as needed or requested
- Advises staff of learner status
- Researches account discrepancies, make adjustments, as needed, and communicates with Learner
- Approves course requests, application fees, and first course payments
- Communicates effectively in a friendly and patient manner with learners and other stakeholders
Accounts Receivables responsibilities as follows:
- Processes learner charges as requested
- Makes desktop deposits for incoming check payments
- Posts learner payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Generates invoices and account statements
- Updates Learner accounts about promotions that require billing adjustments
- Resolves collections by examining learner payment plans, payment history & coordinating with learners about their payment plans in case of missing payments
- Arranges for account repayment and establishes repayment schedules
- Audits account for graduation and transcript approval
- Works with third party companies to create invoices that comply with third-party policies to ensure payment on learner’s account
Performs other responsibilities as follows:
- Provides general administrative support such as, but not limited to, creating files, filing, data entry, spreadsheet creation, and maintenance
- Responds to and gathers documentation for incoming credit card disputes and learner disputes
- Assists in the creation and filing of the annual Internal Revenue Service 1098T filing for learners
- Protects organization's value by maintaining the confidentiality of accounting and university financial information
- Possesses an ability to maintain composure when communicating with others
- Perpetuates trustworthiness
- Assists with projects, as requested
- Performs other assignments on an ad hoc basis, as required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance. One to two years of University or related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general articles and technical procedures. Ability to write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, learners, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist — an ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform vital functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The associate must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform vital functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to medium.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)
- academics: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft dynamics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Accounts Receivable: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)