Entry Level Staff Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Brady Renner Company Bowie
Brady Renner Company Bowie urgently required following position for Entry Level Staff Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Entry Level Staff Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Brady Renner Company Bowie Jobs Details:
BradyRenner CPAs is seeking an entry-level accounting graduate for a full-time staff accountant role with the team of our dynamic, fast-growing full-service business accounting firm located in Bowie, MD. This is an ideal opportunity to begin your career in the accounting profession.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications
In this role, your responsibilities will include these activities in support of our clients:
- Prepare supporting work papers for tax return engagements
- Assist in the preparation of federal, state and local tax returns in accordance with IRS regulations and state tax laws
- Participate in tax planning and research assignments for clients
- Perform accounting research of all areas except deferred taxes, A/R, or inventory on more complex jobs
- Preparation of attestation checklists
- Preparation of adjusting journal entries
- Preparation of financial statements with assistance
- Proficient in workpaper preparation
- Preparation of basic and intermediate individual tax returns
- Researches fundamental tax issues using online tools
- Possess a basic understanding of book/tax differences
- Preparation of federal corporate (C and S), and multi-state tax returns, and basic partnership returns
- Preparation of tax depreciation schedules including proper classification of assets
- Perform other accounting and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Maintain relationships with key client personnel
- Perform general ledger research, cleanup and data entry as needed
- Perform other essential duties as needed
In addition, this position will require the individual to participate regularly and proactively in business development activities. These will include attending events on behalf of the firm; representing the firm in presentations and programs; developing new business relationships with potential partners and future clients; and proactively supporting the firm’s marketing and client acquisition efforts, individually and as a part of a team.
Your core qualifications for this position will include:
- Bachelors degree with a major in accounting (preferably from an AACSB-accredited program).
- 150 hours towards the CPA license and demonstrated interest in becoming a CPA.
- 0-1 year of professional experience, with evidence of relevant internships or other career development activities.
- Demonstrated interest in building your career within the accounting profession.
- Outstanding communication skills and time management skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Willingness to present a professional demeanor and appearance and cooperative attitude, engaging collaboratively and showing dedication to superior customer service.
- Commitment to personal and leadership development, as evidenced by work in student government, leadership, community service or athletics.
Additional qualifications and aptitudes for this role will include:
- Positive, professional attitude and strong teamwork skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities
- You enjoy working in a client-focused, high-energy organization.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, Intuit QuickBooks and Excel.
- Knows how to work hard and on-task, and how to have fun and maintain a friendly, positive disposition.
- Applicable internship or extracurricular experience is a plus.
As an emerging accounting professional, you will have the opportunity to work directly with senior CPAs while building your career through our career development program, which seeks to support your growth in three areas of practice: professional development (your role as an accountant), leadership development (your role as a business and community leader) and business development (your role as an advocate with potential clients and partners).