Ehs Lab Associate Jobs Vacancy in Smartlabs Cambridge
Smartlabs Cambridge urgently required following position for Ehs Lab Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ehs Lab Associate Jobs Vacancy in Smartlabs Cambridge Jobs Details:
The EHS Lab Associate will be responsible for the management and implementation of local lab operations activities relating to safety, space, equipment, infrastructure, capital planning and purchasing of Lab equipment.
This position is a key interface between SmartLabs support functions, including Lab Operations, Environmental Health and Safety, Procurement, SmartLabs clients and the department’s leadership team.
Lab operations and equipment
- Oversee the day to day running of shared laboratories operations and maintain labs to ensure full compliance with Environmental Health and Safety programs and regulations.
Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow up is done to minimize future exposure and proper record/documents are maintained.
- Ensure that shared lab equipment remains in working order and has been certified on an annual (or bi-annual) basis. Schedule all preventative maintenance for equipment. If equipment breaks, schedule repair in a timely manner.
- Support business initiatives establish relationships with key vendors to improve lab and chemical supply systems and liaise between scientists and vendor for consumable and chemical vendor managed inventory program to ensure proper service.
- Initiate work orders for equipment and laboratories.
- Coordinate equipment services including calibration, maintenance, service contract renewal, and software and hardware upgrades. Ensure that shared equipment remains in working order.
- Maintain equipment database information, including updating database with new and decommissioned equipment, and when equipment moves.
- Lead renovation projects and lab moves within existing space, including stakeholder management and identifying opportunities or solutions as needed.
- Manage the implementation and ongoing maintenance of safety programs, compliance plans and initiatives for the assigned site.
- Develop and maintain site-specific environmental and safety programs to ensure compliance with the latest regulations, best practices and SmartLabs standards
- Assist with Safety Program for other SmartLabs sites
- Conduct routine safety checks to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company EHS safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Conduct assigned safety, environmental, and other required inspections/audits of departmental facilities. Ensures that appropriate documentation is submitted and takes prompt action to correct conditions found to be out of compliance or unsafe.
- Ensure that the inventory and list of Safety Data Sheets of hazardous, corrosive or flammable chemicals that enter the facility is up-to-date.
Advanced Member Services
- Provide training and assistance for shared laboratory equipment.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with member company’s scientists as well as with the Operations community to ensure alignment and execution of objectives.
- Contribute to or lead initiatives to collaboratively improve service levels and business processes and implement plans to improve local operations and communications.
- Ensure that there are no interruptions, disruptions, or losses arising from unscheduled downtime of shared equipment.
- Support on-site training for new clients joining in our program.
- Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support SmartLabs programs and regulatory requirements.
- RCRA training, BBP training, etc.
- Life Sciences degree; BS in Biology or Chemistry preferred
- 1-3 years of research or EHS related work experience
- Knowledge of hazardous waste disposal practices
- Must be able to obtain DOT, RCRA certification.
- Interest to gain knowledge of OSHA, DEP, EPA, RCRA, DOT, DPH, MWRA, NIH, or NFPA or other laboratory regulations/guidelines.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in lab operations or strong understanding of the processes and requirements needed in a research organization is needed.
- Experience implementing site health and safety programs is preferred.
- Experience in taking necessary steps to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve problems is important, as well as prioritize effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, influence without authority and actively manage stakeholders is essential.
- Ability to positively interact with member company staff and externally with regulatory agencies.
- Proven ability to positively impact project goals and directions based on analysis of available information.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills are essential including ability to effectively communicate to an audience who may be unfamiliar with subject.
- The job involves field work requiring frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and carrying materials and equipment weighing 50 pounds or less.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Excel is required, experience with SharePoint is preferred.
- Amazing Paid Time Off & Paid sick time!
- SmartLabs will cover all your monthly premium costs for Medical, Dental and Vision insurances for you and your family.
- SmartLabs will pay for your Life insurance in case of a fatality.
- SmartLabs will also provide you with a Health Reimbursement Arrangements HRA account of up to $6,750 per year for your family and your health expenses.
- SmartLabs provides its employees with a 401K platform where you will be able to transfer any funds you have or start saving for your retirement.
- Paid Parental leave up to 16 weeks over the first 24 weeks of a newborn baby or an adopted child.
- Snacks, Thursday's Happy hour, Bio-Tech Tuesdays and many other fun activities that will be available to you.