Development Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Cancer Support Community Washington
Cancer Support Community Washington urgently required following position for Development Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Development Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Cancer Support Community Washington Jobs Details:
The ideal candidate should possess a passion for and commitment to CSC’s mission and will assist with the planning and implementation of individual, foundation and cause marketing prospecting. The duties will also include providing support and follow-up for meetings, special events, and development administrative activities that support organization-wide priorities, including donor relations for the CEO and other senior-level officials.
The individual selected for this role will be a self-starter, experienced in fundraising and committed to fulfilling the mission of CSC. This individual will report directly to the Director of Development, with special project assigned by the Vice President, Development and External Affairs, and will be located in CSC’s Washington, DC headquarters office.
Interested parties must submit a cover letter, salary requirements and a resume. Applications without salary requirements will not be accepted.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development & Fundraising:
- Manages all coding, updating and analysis of Salsa Labs individual and corporate data on a daily basis.
- Assists with the maintenance and updating of online charity membership sites (e.g., Guide Star, Charity Navigator, Good Shop, Amazon Smile, etc.).
- Generates reports, targeted mailing lists and provides department updates as needed.
- Contributes to organizational process for donor recognition.
- Supports the Development department with the coordination of appeals, cultivation and stewardship mailings and campaigns.
- Maintains Development communications calendar and ensures all projects and initiatives stay on track according to specified timelines.
- Assists with the planning and preparation of and research for individual, foundation, and corporate prospect meetings.
- Assists Development manager with analytic reports on donor trends and best practices.
- Assists with the follow-up of meetings, special events and donations.
- Works closely with accounting department to ensure that all donations, pledges and planned giving gifts and commitments are reconciled regularly.
- Assist with large & small-scale meetings, events and activities as assigned (e.g., salon events, DC and NYC Leadership Council meetings and events, jewelry trunk shows, annual gala, etc.)
- Assist with the distribution of online and mailed invitations by providing Development mailing list
- Assist with managing RSVPs to ensure accuracy of seating assignment list.
- Assist with logistics of on-site registration as needed.
- Work collaboratively with team members across functional areas as appropriate to ensure a smooth planning process.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related discipline from four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year of work experience, including an internship in development or related area
- Strong project management & performance measurement skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem-solving and effective time management skills.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint as well as advanced proficiency in Excel formulas and mail merges.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop trusting, productive relationships with staff, partners and donors.
- Ability to stay calm, composed and professional under pressure.
- Cross-functional team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adhere to tight timetables.
- Conducts all work in an ethical, honest, and professional manner.
- Ability to work extended hours which may include evening and/or weekend event support as applicable.
- Must be willing to travel, including weekend travel up to 25% of the time.
- Exercises high degree of discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters and materials.
- Ability to execute tasks in a thorough, composed, accurate and timely fashion while managing multiple, competing priorities.
- Self-motivated, self-starting, team driven, customer service oriented, and a creative thinker.
- Valid driver’s license
As the largest professionally led nonprofit network of cancer support worldwide, the Cancer Support Community (CSC) is dedicated to ensuring that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. CSC achieves its mission through three areas: direct service delivery, research and advocacy. The organization includes an international network of Affiliates that offer the highest quality social and emotional support for people impacted by cancer, as well as a community of support available online and over the phone. The Research and Training Institute conducts cutting-edge psychosocial, behavioral and survivorship research. CSC furthers its focus on patient advocacy through its Cancer Policy Institute, informing public policy in Washington, D.C. and across the nation. For more information, please call the toll-free Cancer Support Helpline at 888-793-9355, or visit www.CancerSupportCommunity.org. So that no one faces cancer alone®
Cancer Support Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer