Senior Supervisor Manufacturing Operations Shift Jobs Vacancy in Businesses Utc Aerospace Systems Fort Worth
Businesses Utc Aerospace Systems Fort Worth urgently required following position for Senior Supervisor Manufacturing Operations Shift. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Supervisor Manufacturing Operations Shift Jobs Vacancy in Businesses Utc Aerospace Systems Fort Worth Jobs Details:
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Reporting to the Sr. Operations Manager, this position will be responsible for supervising the second shift production activities for assigned assembly programs and production support teams at the Fort Worth Landing Gear Assembly Site. The Fort Worth facility’s primary function is the assembly of military landing gear. This position supervises production employees in a diverse, manufacturing environment to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost, and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Supervise and execute manufacturing team activities to achieve productivity and schedule requirements in accordance with the site business plan and operating objectives.
- Direct work of assigned employees including prioritizing tasks, appropriate management of time, ensuring proper knowledge and training, and adherence to company policy and procedures.
- Manage full compliance with all safety and quality requirements, including completion of process audits and root cause determination and corrective action implementation.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable State and Federal laws.
- Manage the successful execution of production short and long-term goals within designated timelines.
- Address potential issues proactively and apply real-time problem solving skills to achieve prompt resolution.
- Acts as a liaison, facilitator, and coach between team members and other functional areas.
- Facilitate training of all team members and support and maintain a cross-trained workforce.
- Deploy use of ACE and Lean Manufacturing Principles within the operating unit and leverage technical background to develop improved processes.
- Apply disciplined use of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Tools.
- Conduct daily shift start-up and shift-change meetings to ensure seamless hand-offs.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment in planning and accomplishing goals.
- Daily manpower planning and work schedule adjustments to achieve delivery requirements.
- Liaison across departments to align incoming supply with open demand schedules to meet customer TAKT times.
- Continuously improve work practices and assembly processes to increase efficiency, productivity, and utilization to improve work product.
- Provide regular feedback and performance coaching and counseling to all team members.
- Provide technical support for production line relating to build of landing gear assemblies.
- Support manufacturing engineering department in review and disposition of non-conformant conditions.
Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills in a matrix organization and strong ability to work in a cross-function/cross-site/cross-cultural environment.
- Minimum of 3+ years manufacturing supervision and/or lead production planning experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in assembly operations for large mechanical systems; preferably aerospace and landing gear.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Core Foundation Competencies including Ethics, Integrity, Values, and Trust
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR.
- Must be available to work off-shifts / weekends as needed to support business needs at UTAS or at a customer’s facility.
- Production management experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At this time, UTC Aerospace Systems will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical/engineering discipline or equivalent combination of technical/engineering education from an Accredited Institution with 7+ years of experience.