Science Library Associate Jobs Vacancy in Butler University Indianapolis
Butler University Indianapolis urgently required following position for Science Library Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Science Library Associate Jobs Vacancy in Butler University Indianapolis Jobs Details:
***To be considered for this position, please apply using the following link - http://careers.butler.edu/cw/en-us/job/493124/science-library-associate-revised
Assist in the supervision of services and activities of a branch library - including assisting library patrons as needed, participating in circulation operations, supervising student assistants, shelving and maintaining stacks, supporting reserve operations, and other duties as assigned. This position is a regular part-time, twelve-month position and requires 25 hours of work per week (excluding holidays and university closure).
- Assist the Science Librarian in all activities of the Science Library, including:
- Providing circulation/reserve/reference assistance to library patrons
- Supporting general library operations including equipment maintenance, monitoring and ordering supplies, stack maintenance, compiling usage statistics and reports
- Supporting the supervision, training, and scheduling of student employees
- Maintain the Science Library serials collections.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff in Irwin Library to ensure consistency of services in circulation, collection management, and resource sharing.
- In absence of the Science Librarian, supervise general activities of the Science Library.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Relevant library experience and Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-tasks, organize, and set priorities
- Proficiency in basic computer software and applications
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated dependability
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Preferred)