Security Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Viasat Carlsbad
Viasat Carlsbad urgently required following position for Security Software Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Security Software Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Viasat Carlsbad Jobs Details:
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
The Analytics Tools Group is driving advances in data science, analysis, and engineering at Viasat. Keeping data safe and secure at scale is an exciting challenge and full of opportunities for building solutions starting with research and development following all the way through to engineering and deploying projects into production. The group has a range of security and privacy projects that they are tackling and are looking for a security focused software engineer to join the team to develop new and extend existing security and privacy software and services.
There are many interesting projects focused on data security, privacy and sovereignty as the world evolves a growing web of privacy regulations and frameworks. The group is taking on an increasing amount of data and analytic projects for the company and its partners. The global distributed footprint is expanding and growing more complex. This provides a rich environment of opportunities to develop new security software, automation, and methodologies to keep the data safe, private, and secure.
- Member of a team developing security focused software and services for production environments
- Research and develop security services, tools, methods, and prototypes
- Utilize DevOps / DevSecOps methodologies to keep security services operational
- Build integrations between existing in-house software, FOSS, COTS software
- Collaborate across the organization on engineering projects
- 3+ Years software engineering
- 1+ years security focused software engineering
- Excellent experience developing with a major, common programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience developing using distributed systems constructs
- Experience with AWS or other IaaS/Cloud environments.
- Experiencing developing DevOps / DevSecOps software
- Experience with Unix/Linux server environments
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- BS in technical field (or equivalent experience)
- Travel up to 10%
- 2+ years security focused software engineering
- Deriving architecture designs from government and industry requirements (PCI, HIPPA, GDPR, SOX, FEDRAMP, etc)
- Experience developing software to satisfy regulatory requirements
- Distributed Systems Security
- DevOps / DevSecOps
- Experience with noSQL and SQL data storage techniques
- Network Engineering
- Network Software Development
- Experience with AWS and the various service offering
- Experience building solutions using COTS, FOSS, and in-house software
- User Interface and User Experience design experience