Business Analyst First Line Control Testing Jobs Vacancy in Charles Schwab Chicago
Charles Schwab Chicago urgently required following position for Business Analyst First Line Control Testing. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Analyst First Line Control Testing Jobs Vacancy in Charles Schwab Chicago Jobs Details:
Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The 1st Line of Defense (LOD) is responsible for performing testing and monitoring to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls established to mitigate identified risks. We are looking for individuals to provide analytics and reporting services to assist with the delivery of solutions, operational and strategic goals and priorities of the team. This candidate will develop and apply in-depth understanding of testing operations to recommend and implement solutions for complex issues.
What you’ll do:
- Drive integration of Risk Data and Processes into Business Management processes and decision making.
- Collaborate with business teams to identify and develop scalable and organization-wide reporting and analytics solutions. Develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
- Participate in strategic activities such as conducting research, assessing viable innovation opportunities, prioritizing decisions, managing business expectations during executions and measuring business benefit after deployment.
- Use data analysis tools to automate risk testing and develop techniques for continuous testing and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Coordinates the design, construction, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of advanced reports, dashboards, and associated objects.
- Translate advanced business analytics challenges into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations.
- Proactively alert business leadership to opportunities for applying technology development to meet business challenges.
- Analyze data sets and trends for anomalies, outliers, trend changes and opportunities.
- Provides both clear guidance and resources while removing or reducing obstacles to the teams’ success. Identifying inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- Generate and distribute standard reports on schedule using SQL, Excel, Tableau and other reporting software.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business Administration or related field.
- Three years’ or more of directly related work experience with increasingly complex databases and data management responsibilities.
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Office software such as Excel (including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, pivot tables, etc.), PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint and Tableau.
- Anticipate business customers’ future needs and demands. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with supporting team members to meet departmental goals.
- Ability to solve problems with logical solutions by applying knowledge, skills and experience.
- Strong time management, organization and prioritization skills; ability to complete multiple concurrent tasks within close deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Advanced degree such as MBA.
- Experience writing business requirements.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Curious: Constantly learns more about our processes as well as the processes of businesses we support.
- Results Oriented: Delivers on individual goals and visibly participates in delivering on team goals.
- Managing Change: Seizes opportunities to influence the future direction of an organizational unit or the overall business.
- Overcome barriers/Initiative: Proactively addresses obstacles and Identifies creative solutions.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Notices and accurately interprets what others are feeling, based on their choice of words, tone of voice, expressions, and other nonverbal behavior.
- Relationship Oriented: Thrives in an environment of strong collaboration and partnership with business partners, coworkers and managers.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Activation Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, November 1, 2018