Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Mission Support And Test Services Los Alamos
Mission Support And Test Services Los Alamos urgently required following position for Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Mission Support And Test Services Los Alamos Jobs Details:
- Bachelor’s degree in a software related field or in a calculus-based Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field, and 2 years’ related experience.
- Must have strong analytical, system design, database development, and programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience in solid relational database design and implementation skills utilizing databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrated experience in the software development life-cycle to include design, development, modification, testing, debugging and evaluation of software, data management, and security to meet functional requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze existing programs or formulate logic for new systems, devise procedures, prepare documentation, perform coding and test/debug programs.
- Demonstrated advanced technical skills and independent judgement to solve complex technical issues.
- Working knowledge or familiarity with Configuration Management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills working in a team environment and regularly interacting with management, administrators, scientists, engineers and cyber security.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.”
Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
The candidate will join a team of scientists and engineers in a dynamic research environment at MSTS’s Los Alamos Office.
- Support internal software applications and systems by investigating, designing, documenting, troubleshooting, training, and implementing new applications and hardware.
- Analyzing user requirements for system features and functionality, investigating software requirements, system testing, and creating comprehensive software documentation.
- Research, evaluate, and make recommendations around the implementation of new or existing software features and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate on projects with team members, scientistS, engineers, other IT computing efforts, and other MSTS employees doing similar work.
- Provide technical direction and/or coordinate activities with teammembers and other relevant personnel.
- Document and present work to relevant audiences;
- Work with vendor's customer support, sales reps, and technical working groups
If you’re looking for an interesting, fulfilling career, you’ve come to the right place!
At Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS), we’re a dynamic team of employees who manage and operate the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), formerly known as the Nevada Test Site. A premier outdoor, indoor and underground national laboratory for unique, high-level experiments, the NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico. We’re dedicated to working together as a team to keep our nation safe. Join us!
MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and Stoller Newport News Nuclear, Inc. (SN3).