Information Systems Security Officer Isso Jobs Vacancy in Aquila Technology Lexington
Aquila Technology Lexington urgently required following position for Information Systems Security Officer Isso. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Information Systems Security Officer Isso Jobs Vacancy in Aquila Technology Lexington Jobs Details:
Aquila is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to contribute to one of this country's premier defense research organizations. The Information Integration and Decision Support Group is seeking an Information System Security Officer to help test and document all security aspects of the hardware and software developed and deployed in support of Government users. The Information Integration & Decision Support Group, conducts research and development on space surveillance problems including tracking and identification of satellites, radar image exploitation, close approach monitoring and collision warning, applications of multi-sensor data fusion, and decision support. The Group also develops net-centric, service-oriented architecture that networks all of these capabilities together in an
integrated information system
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Develops and tailors Self Inspection Program to meet local needs
- Develops procedures, selects tools for reviewing audits systems/infrastructure for performance, usage and compliance
- Conducts vulnerability scanning, assesses vulnerabilities & makes recommendations after determining best measure to mitigate threat; enforces necessary requirements to meet sponsor compliance
Systems Administration/Network Management
- Develops and exercises procedures for software patch/antivirus updates/data backups to all systems in accordance with the SSP
- Develops and applies security lockdown policies to operating systems including Windows/Red Hat Linux, and Solaris
- Manage, install, and configure hardware and software as needed. Ability to perform system administrator duties configuring Active Directory services, DNS, advanced scripting, develops backup and recovery procedures, system imaging/setup, and domain configuration. In-depth knowledge with setting file and folder permissions.
- Participates in the development of networks to meet customer and sponsor needs
- Troubleshoots computer issues on networks and stand-alone systems
- Installs/updates/troubleshoots system software
Develops and maintains formal IT Security Plan
- Develops local procedures/checklists
- Assists ISSM implementing ICD/JSIG RMF standards and creates local policy.
- Ensures systems are operated and maintained IAW guidance and Sponsor policy
- System compliance per governing document
- Develops and manages Configuration Management program, reviews and makes recommendations regarding systems performance and security posture
Customer Service/User Training
- Responds to user requests and resolves complex issues such as locked out accounts, transfer of data, file recovery, software approval and installation, and assorted troubleshooting
- Assists ISSM in developing improvement plans to counter adverse trends
- Develops media transfer procedures/guides Designated Transfer Agent process
- Coordinates waivers or exception to policies
- Conducts initial and annual user training
- Bachelor’s OR Associate’s degree and at least 1 Certification
- 5 years of IT Security experience in DoD Industrial Security is desired, preferably in a compartmented program environment.
- DoD 8570 IAM Level I Baseline Certification required within 6 months of assuming responsibilities
- Technical experience and skill securing operating systems such as Linux, Windows Server/client OS, and virtualization technologies.
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools such as NESSUS, SCAP, RETINA, WASP, SECSCN
- Experience using audit reduction tools, and endpoint security products.
- NIST 800-53 / Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503
- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) Chapter 8
- Joint Air Force, Army, Navy (JAFAN) 6/3