Systems Engineer Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Atrium Health Charlotte
Atrium Health Charlotte urgently required following position for Systems Engineer Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Systems Engineer Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Atrium Health Charlotte Jobs Details:
Job Req ID: 167590
Position Number: 00070717
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 1st Shift
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: IAS Tech Architecture Svs
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: 801 S McDowell
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Formulates and defines specifications for complex operating systems. Modifies and maintains complex operating systems and supporting products using vendor releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Evaluates and recommends new hardware and software components to improve operation of Data Center.
Additional Essential Functions:
- Works closely with senior IAS Leadership to determine business process and productivity needs and an appropriate network technology strategy to support business goals including voice, video, and data services.
- Analyzes technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
- Works with technical management to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters.
- Develops design principles, models, roadmaps, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices.
- Establishes governing principles for network design and deployment.
- Participates in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation.
- Leads teams of other network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
- Communicates the role and value of the network to the organization and presents the business case for technology investments.
- Updates understanding of business and technology status and objectives and responds to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
- Works with design teams and mentors IAS team members.
- Establishes and monitors the technical performance, reliability, and efficiency of mainframe based hardware and software supporting all current and future operating systems and all computer applications of the Carolinas Healthcare System.
- Audits of infrastructure application servers for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Provides responsive support to the application development and operational activities of the Information Services department.
- Reports system performance, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action to insure the best performance per utilization of computer resources.
- Develops and maintain testing mechanism to verify capabilities of incoming Software/Hardware releases to insure viability before go-live.
- Advises staff on proper data administration and program design to improve capabilities of existing programs and systems.
- Manages all aspects of projects including budget development, scope definition, time line preparation, resource estimation and management, and status reporting. Plans projects using standard CHS methods to develop manpower and cost estimates.
- Supports the System Engineers and IS Management from a technical perspective.
- Supports Technology applications such as load testing, software distribution, monitoring, and job scheduling packages.
This position is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to CHS administration. Work duties will require high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be available for call-back support on a regular basis. Work requires during conversions and/or training extensive evening and weekend hours. Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 pounds.
Additional Training and Certifications:
- 10 years’ experience in architecting, designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors preferred.
- 5 or more years focused in network design and technical project management preferred.
- Cisco CCDE, CCIE and other professional certifications preferred.
- In-depth understanding of business strategy and ability to interact effectively with senior IS leaders and C-level executives
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or job related field preferred. 8 years experience installing and supporting sophisticated information systems in a health care environment utilizing client/server technologies. Advanced knowledge of job related systems such as Unix, Linux, Window; proficient in script writing preferred. General knowledge of networks and TCP IP protocol. Formal training in a variety of information systems technology preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer