Paralegal Jobs Vacancy in Rsm Llp Chicago
Rsm Llp Chicago urgently required following position for Paralegal. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Paralegal Jobs Vacancy in Rsm Llp Chicago Jobs Details:
RSM is a leading professional services firm providing accounting, tax, and business consulting services to middle-market corporate clients, as well as high net worth individuals. This paralegal will provide paralegal services and support to RSM's Assistant General Counsel and other in-house lawyers with respect to employment litigation and commercial litigation and disputes involving RSM’s businesses (which consist of accounting, tax and business consulting services). This paralegal will also perform legal research and assist in-house lawyers with various projects as needed. The person holding this position will be responsible for handling multiple projects simultaneously, each of which require confidentiality, attention to detail and follow-through. The paralegal’s primaryduties and responsibilities will include those listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Work directly with in-house and outside lawyers regarding all facets of litigation,
alternative dispute resolution proceedings, agency cases, investigations and
dispute resolution/management matters. Assist with document productions, responses to
subpoenas and discovery.
- Assist with scheduling and preparation of witnesses for depositions and trial. Work with outside counsel to index, track, and control discovery documents, exhibits, and other materials for use during discovery and trial. Assist with case management, keep case files current and organized, and prepare and maintain litigation status reports.
Perform fact gathering, document gathering and preservation in connection with actual
and threatened litigation matters.
- Work in concert with the attorneys to issue and monitor legal hold / document preservation notices, including tracking key custodians and coordinating with Legal Hold Technology personnel.
- Perform screening of documents for privilege under the direction of counsel.
- Work with lawyers to draft procedures for accomplishing litigation support assignments.
- Perform legal research as required in connection with litigation.
- Work closely with paralegals and lawyers at outside law firms representing the Company.
- Assist field personnel in handling small claims court cases in various jurisdictions.
Work with other company employees and management, including field personnel, regarding
all aspects of litigation and investigations.
- Work with risk management department to ensure appropriate reporting of cases to
- Occasionally travel to attend court proceedings or other hearings.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies from an ABA-approved program or completion of a paralegal certificate program that has been approved by the American Bar Association.
- At least 2 years of experience as a paralegal in the area of employment and/or commercial litigation (state and federal).
- Knowledge of general principles of law, especially in the area of litigation
- Detail-oriented with analytical skills
- Ability to take on substantive work with only general supervision, and to work independently on a variety of projects and tasks.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough understanding and extensive previous use of a Windows-based computer system
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel Ability to navigate and research matters on the Internet, especially on court and other legal websites
- Experience with legal research databases (e.g., Westlaw)
- Certified Legal Assistant (CLA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field
- Three or more years as a paralegal in the areas noted above
Experience using case management software and electronic document management systems
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.