Data Analyst Remote Jobs Vacancy in First San Francisco Partners Remote
First San Francisco Partners Remote urgently required following position for Data Analyst Remote. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Analyst Remote Jobs Vacancy in First San Francisco Partners Remote Jobs Details:
First San Francisco Partners is a business advisory and enterprise information management (EIM) consultancy dedicated to helping companies leverage their data to improve strategic decision-making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our services span data governance, data quality strategies, data management architecture, master data management strategy and implementation, analytics and big data.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
We have an immediate opening for a Data Analyst who will manage and drive the development of business and data requirements and functional specifications for BI, MDM and data quality projects throughout the development life cycle from planning, initial analysis and design all the way through to implementation and user acceptance. The emphasis for this position is data quality.
- Capable of Data Profiling of source data to provide understanding of the source data to assist business users in refining information requirements.
- Able to relate source data to business information so that the implications of source data structures can be explained to business users in business terms.
- Capable of analyzing data to detect possible data quality exceptions, and ability to communicate these issues to business users effectively.
- Ability to work with business users in Data Issue Management around detected Data Quality problems; especially assisting the drive towards root cause solutions.
- Able to assist with conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling, and interface effectively with data modelers.
- Able to capture metrics about data environments, such as frequency of different types of data quality issues, and to report effectively on these to business and IT stakeholders.
- Able to assist with development of technical requirements for data integration and changed data capture for MDM and BI environments.
- Is able to specify data extraction from sources.
- Can assist with capturing information requirements.
- Is able to conduct manual Data Quality analysis when no formal DQ tool is included in project.
- Can identify root causes of data quality issues.
- Able to help update Metadata Repository.
- Able to map and update mapping templates.
- Able to prepare estimates for projects assigned.
- Able to manage any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Operates as a strategic partner with IT to influence the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- Proficient in rationalizing business glossaries, extract data definitions from procedural documents, profile and analyze data and run circles around a spreadsheet.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience working in a data analyst or closely related data-centric role.
- Very proficient in SQL, and variants (e.g. in different platforms).
- Understanding of relational database concepts, such as referential integrity.
- Ability to work with stored procedures.
- Good understanding of, and ability to utilize, technical metadata present in database platforms.
- Ability to read, understand and contribute to data models.
- Understanding of common data services, especially ETL, backup, restore, role-based security.
- Familiarity with types of data quality issues, and approaches to their resolution.
- Experience with common data analyst support tools (e.g. TOAD, SQL Navigator).
- Experience with data mapping (Source to Target mapping).
- Excellent communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- A demonstrated track record of making a difference and adding value.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to think creatively, is highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to work and adjust to changing deadlines.
- Can demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to develop relationships across the organization, working cross- functionally to get results.
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified fashion to facilitate understanding.
- Can effectively manipulate and analyze large amounts of data.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Bachelor's degree in Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Data Profiling tools and Data Quality tools is a definite plus, although purely manual techniques may be used in any given assignment.
- Familiarity with Metadata Repository tools is also a definite plus.
Must be able to travel at least 50% to client site.
Can work remotely