Administrative Supvsr Jobs Vacancy in City Chicago Chicago
City Chicago Chicago urgently required following position for Administrative Supvsr. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Supvsr Jobs Vacancy in City Chicago Chicago Jobs Details:
Job Number: 313900
DEPARTMENT OF PROCUREMENT SERVICES
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Under general supervision, functions as an office administrator, coordinating and overseeing staff providing office support services in a City department, and performs related duties as required
- Responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the Bid and Bond Room
- Manage paper bid process
- Manage the electronic (e-Procurement) bid process
- Schedule bid openings and pre-bid conferences
- Conduct bid openings and pre-bid conferences
- Prepare bids for distribution to procurement specialists after bid opening
- Reviews bid specification advertisement drafts before sending to publishing newspapers
- Approves bid specification drafts received from publishing newspapers
- Ensures bid specifications and disks are available for public disbursement
- Coordinate mailing of bid documents and disks to out-of-town potential bidders upon request via Fed Ex and UPS
- Responsible for weekly preparation of bid opportunity list
- Maintain bid take-out list
- Prepare the preliminary bid tabulations and post online
- Reports problematic bid specifications/tabulations to responsible staff
- Responds to questions from vendors
- Ensures audiovisual systems for bid openings and pre-bid conferences are functioning properly
- Make and maintain recordings of pre-bid conferences; live-stream bid openings
- Track utilization of bid incentives
- Supervise immediate staff in performing clerical and administrative support functions
- Assists immediate supervisor in overseeing staff engaged in processing documents, updating computerized records, maintaining databases, and performing word processing or data entry operations
- Works with supervisor to establish and implement work processes and procedures to ensure the efficiency of office work flow and operations
- Schedules area coverage and assigns staff to meet departmental support needs including work production, front desk reception, filing and other office clerical activities
- Conducts performance evaluations and initiates disciplinary actions as required
- Prepares various reports on work or program operations for use by management
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other duties that are essential to particular positions within the class.
LOCATION: 121 North LaSalle, 8th Floor
HOURS: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (hours may vary based on operational needs)
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE
Four years of clerical and administrative work experience, of which one year is in a supervisory role related to the responsibilities of the position, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Disclaimer - "Accredited" means any nationally or regionally accredited college, university, or law school where the applicant is enrolled in or has completed an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or Juris Doctorate degree program.
Education & Employment Verification - Please be advised that if you are selected to be hired you must provide, upon request, adequate information regarding your educational and employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position for which you are applying. If you received your degree internationally, all international transcripts/diploma must be accompanied by a Foreign Credential Evaluation. If the City of Chicago cannot verify this information, any offer extended to you will be withdrawn and you will not be hired.
NOTE: To be considered for this position you must provide information about your educational background and your work experience. YOU MUST include job titles, dates of employment, and specific job duties. (If you are a current City employee, Acting Up cannot be considered.) IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE this information at the time you submit your application, it will be incomplete and you will not be considered for this position. There are three ways to provide the information: 1) you may attach a resume; 2) you may paste a resume; or 3) you can complete the online resume fields.
This position requires applicants to complete an interview which will include a written exercise and/or a skills assessment test as part of the interview. The interviewed candidate(s) possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, based on the oral and written parts of the interview will be selected.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following:
- Supervisory experience
- Customer Service experience
- Experience working with the public
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
VETERANS PREFERENCE NOTE: The City of Chicago offers Veterans Preference to both current, active military personnel AND military personnel who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and have received an honorable or general discharge. Eligible candidates must have at least six months of active duty documented. In order to receive the veterans preference, candidates need to indicate whether or not they are a veteran by answering “yes” or “no” to the question on the online application that asks, “Are you currently serving on active duty for at least six months in the Armed Forces of the United States OR have you served in the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty for at least six months and received an honorable or general discharge?” In addition, you must attach documentation to verify your military service. For veterans, you must attach a copy of your DD214 (Member Copy-4) to your online application which includes character of service status OR a letter from the United States Veterans Administration on official stationary stating dates of service and character of service. For active military personnel, you must attach a letter from your Commanding Officer on official stationary verifying your active duty, length of service, and character of service in the Armed Forces of the United States AND a copy of your military ID to your online application. Failure to answer the question and attach the required documentation will result in you not being considered for the Veterans Preference.
Please note, all positions with the City of Chicago close promptly at 11:59pm Central Standard Time (C.S.T.) Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59p.m. CST on October 25, 2018 Date. No exceptions will be made.