City Secretary Senior Administrative Clerk Jobs Vacancy in City Mcallen McAllen
City Mcallen McAllen urgently required following position for City Secretary Senior Administrative Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
City Secretary Senior Administrative Clerk Jobs Vacancy in City Mcallen McAllen Jobs Details:
Job Description: Under general supervision, the Senior Administrative Clerk performs responsible and specialized clerical work to include entering information into computer, using keyboard, preparing correspondence and documents, copying, proofreading, maintaining electronic and manual file systems, answering phones, providing customer service and assisting with clerical and administrative functions. The position requires multi-tasking, knowledge and efficient use of personal computer, general office equipment and the ability to learn new departmental software and procedures. Job Responsibilities: 1. Performs general and specialized office clerical work such as computer word processing, data entry, and filing, copying and operating office equipment.
2. Performs receptionist duties to include answering phones, routing calls, taking messages and providing general public information in a friendly professional manner.
3. Performs customer service professionally using courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
4. Performs specialized departmental duties.
5. Works with special software programs, ie: (MSWord, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, BoardSync, Granicus, WebQA, etc.)
6. Processes, distributes, and files information, records, forms, documents and other information.
7. Maintains a clean and orderly customer checkout area and office work area.
8. Maintains advisory boards spreadsheet and rosters for 25 active city advisory boards.
9. Responds to inquiries in a professional manner providing accurate public information about services without disclosing confidential or unauthorized information.
10. Answers customers' questions, provides information on procedures and resolves common customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
11. Performs other job related duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Minimum Requirements - 1. Job requires an accredited High School diploma or GED equivalent and one year of post high school
education from an accredited university or college.
2. Job requires two (2) years of office clerical and customer service work experience.
3. Must be able to be exact and highly accurate in performing duties.
4. Must be able to use a computer and general office equipment such as copy machines, scanner and calculators.
5. Must be able to work with various software packages including, Laserfiche, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access,
Excel, power point and other Microsoft Office Tools.
6. Must be able to greet the public in a courteous manner using tact and diplomacy.
7. Must be able to deal with difficult customers in a professional and diplomatic manner.
8. Must be bilingual and able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
9. Job requires a current, valid Texas Class C driver's license. Physical Requirements: 1. Employee works in an office environment free of serious health hazards.
2. Job requires carrying, lifting or pushing 10-30 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasion generally working with files, records and office equipment.
Additional Information: 1. The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
2. This position is a safety sensitive position subject to drug and alcohol testing.
$13.3282 hourly -