Facilities Manager Jobs Vacancy in Courtyard Marriott Boston Downtown North End Boston
Courtyard Marriott Boston Downtown North End Boston urgently required following position for Facilities Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Facilities Manager Jobs Vacancy in Courtyard Marriott Boston Downtown North End Boston Jobs Details:
Our newest Courtyard property features a modern, sophisticated design that marries our urban location with a tranquil energy. With 14-stories, 220 rooms, 2500 sq. ft. of meeting space & "The Bistro" restaurant, we are offering an opportunity for an exceptional Facilities Manager. Just a short commute away, we are conveniently located within close proximity to Boston North Station and all major highways.
Position Overview: Responsible for supervising the maintenance and upkeep of all building components, systems and equipment for the entire hotel. Will supervise a team of engineers and be responsible for the management and decision making of the day-to-day operations of the Engineering department. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Facilities Manager will also oversee the security needs for the hotel, supervising security staff to ensure that safety and security is of the upmost importance.
Essential Job Functions:
Includes but is not limited to:
- Conducting regular walk-throughs to visually assess the safety and physical structure of the hotel and all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment for efficiency and operation
- Manage the upkeep of the entire hotel to ensure brand standards are not only met but exceeded
- Maintain a well-defined and organized system within the engineering shop for inventory maintenance and storage of all tools, products, materials and equipment necessary to execute the required activities of the department
- Supervise work of outside contractors as needed and make sure work is properly performed and the job site left clean
- Confer with vendors to obtain product and service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule
- Supervise Mechanical, Public Area, and Guest Room preventative maintenance per standards and schedules
- Ensure that guidelines and procedures established for maintenance and energy conservation are routinely followed
- Assign work, establish task priorities and maintain schedules for department staff and supervise employees in execution of their duties
- Interview, hire, train, counsel staff members. Complete performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Support and uphold Hotel philosophy concerning hiring, employee relations, supervision and disciplinary action
- Respond in courteous, professional and rapid manner in order to resolve guest and staff difficulties
- Head Engineering Department and Safety Committee meetings, and attend all meetings as required
- Manage security team of two officers, ensuring security protocol is followed at all times
- Maintain knowledge on proper completion of incident reports, usage of security camera programs and correct risk mitigation practices as they relate to security
- The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- General knowledge of skilled trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience and supervisory experience of a building/hotel maintenance operation required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university preferred plus two years related hotel experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, as well as blueprints and mechanical drawings and mechanical maintenance instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests/co-workers both verbally ad in writing; respond to guest/employee requests with high level of patience, diplomacy and tact. Excellent interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to operate computers to include MS Office suite software, EMS, PMS & guest response software
- Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift
- Ability to operate tools and machinery including but not limited to drills, pressure washers, circle saws, etc
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests, employees and co-workers