Junior Data Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Ranker Los Angeles
Ranker Los Angeles urgently required following position for Junior Data Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Data Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Ranker Los Angeles Jobs Details:
Ranker is a Top 40 destination for crowdsourced rankings on everything from films to food. We believe that the opinion of millions is more relevant (and far more predictive) than the opinion of one critic. Ranker consistently delivers 50 million worldwide unique visitors and outranks nearly every consumer site in minutes spent per visit according to comScore (4.5 mins per visit). Visitor engagement is the center of Ranker, which collects over 20 million monthly votes across more than 100K lists including extremely competitive searches like “best movies of all time” (which has over 4.3MM votes alone)
More than 650MM consumer votes have built Ranker Insights, a treasure trove of psychographic correlation data ("people who like X also like Y"). Ranker Insights provides data-driven audience insights to marketers, studios, and platforms seeking a deeper understanding of consumer tastes and preferences. These unique correlations are ideal for reaching new audiences, developing more engaging campaigns or informing content recommendations. Ranker has just built a new “Watchworthy” app powered by these correlations. Based in the heart of Los Angeles, the company is solidly profitable and has 80+ employees and growing.
Ranker is looking for a Junior Data Scientist/Analyst who can lead all strategic data initiatives and provide guidance on internal algorithms. Our ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in research methods and statistics along with an ability to apply those methods in a real-world setting where questions may not be neatly framed. Finally, you will be responsible for spearheading all critical research projects across several key business units. You will play a key role in designing, prototyping, developing, and deploying data-driven insights and analysis.
What You’ll Do:
- Translate business requirements into research components and data requirements.
- Provide detailed analysis to develop new insights and identify new sales, marketing and growth opportunities
- Transform complex analyses into compelling and easy to understand case studies and user stories
- Maintain and improve upon existing models and tools for internal marketing and sales teams.
What You’ll Need:
- Master’s degree ( Ph.D. a plus) in statistics, computer science, mathematics, data science, or other quantitative science (psychology, economics, physics, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience
- An inherent passion for telling a story with data, and using visualization tools to help unlock meaningful insights
- Experience with quantitative analysis
- A solid understanding of statistics
- Demonstrable experience in research methodology
- Some programming and scripting skills (SQL, PHP, R, Python, etc.)
- Some understanding of modern machine learning techniques (regression, classification, clustering, etc.)
- A demonstrated ability to understand the statistical basis of crowdsourcing
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex concepts clearly to non-technical team members
- Build and maintain dashboards reports and metrics
You Will Enjoy The Role If:
- You get excited about taking ownership of problems and solving them in a fast-paced and scrappy environment working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical people
- You are output focussed and see data science as a powerful tool to get things done rather than as an end in itself
- You are a strong critical thinker with a passion for understanding complex issues and are comfortable working on ambiguous problems