Contracts Department Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Blackstone Publishing Ashland
Blackstone Publishing Ashland urgently required following position for Contracts Department Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Contracts Department Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Blackstone Publishing Ashland Jobs Details:
Blackstone Publishing is currently seeking a Part-Time Contracts Department Assistant to support the Contracts Department in a variety of clerical tasks, including but not limited to: drafting agreements, processing new acquisitions, document review, data entry, filing, scanning, and mailing. The Contracts Department Assistant will work closely and under the supervision of the Contracts Managers. This position has strong potential to grow into a full-time Contract Manager contingent on the Department’s sustained workload and the suitability of the candidate.
- Initial data processing for new publishing properties acquired by Blackstone and subsequent data processing/entry until agreements for such properties are finalized.
- Initial drafting of standard License Agreements using established boilerplates.
- Assist the contracts team in maintaining accurate digital and physical records for all legal documents.
- Communicate with other internal departments (Acquisitions, Accounting, Editing, Production and Graphics Departments) to ensure timely and accurate compliance with contractual obligations.
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with external agencies, publishers, licensors, vendors, etc.
- Assist as needed with projects to enhance and improve the efficiency of the Contract Department.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple, rotating tasks on a daily basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication appropriate to a professional business environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel and Word; electronic data entry experience.
- Familiarity reading and understanding legal documents a plus.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour