Ohio Reading Corps Volunteer With Stipend North Northeast Jobs Vacancy in Educational Service Center Cuyahoga County Valley View
- Ohio Reading Corps Volunteer With Stipend North Northeast
- Educational Service Center Cuyahoga County
- Valley View OH
- 17 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Educational Service Center Cuyahoga County Valley View urgently required following position for Ohio Reading Corps Volunteer With Stipend North Northeast. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ohio Reading Corps Volunteer With Stipend North Northeast Jobs Vacancy in Educational Service Center Cuyahoga County Valley View Jobs Details:
Description: 40 hours/week: Stipend $985/Month Education Award: $2,982
Position dates: December 5, 2018 through June 30, 2019
The Ohio Reading Corps is an AmeriCorps program with 120 members aimed at improving reading skills of students in grades K - 3 who are below proficient reading level but are not eligible for special education services. The goal of the program is to have children reach proficient reading levels by providing one-on-one and small-group instruction targeting their specific needs as determined by data and teacher recommendation.
Placements in school will be made according to district needs. Members will be placed in one of the following districts in Northeast Ohio:
Akron Public Schools, Constellation Schools and East Cleveland City Schools.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with elementary aged children in a classroom or related environment;
- Progress toward degree in Education, Early Childhood, Social Work or related field;
- Bachelor’s preferred;
- Must be proficient in performing basic computer functions, including email
- Must have reliable transportation
- All members must complete background checks (State criminal, FBI, and NSOPR) prior to starting service.
Attitude and General Responsibilities
- Flexibility is critical, given the school setting
- Maintain a positive attitude toward children
- Value diversity among children, including backgrounds, behaviors, and learning styles.
- Have a professional demeanor when interacting with teachers, parents, and administrators.
- Respect confidentiality of students, staff, and fellow AmeriCorps members.
- Support program staff, your supervisor, and administrative staff in duties as appropriate and necessary.
- Consult with your supervisor if you have any ideas, issues, or concerns, offering analysis and solutions whenever possible.
- Report any accidents, illness, sickness or signs of abuse or neglect to teacher / principal.
- Maintain excellent attendance and follow correct procedures according to grant protocol
- Provide daily reading/writing instruction to approximately 20 children, one-on-one or in small groups for 15-30 minutes per day, 3 days per week minimum per student
- Maintain a complete and accurate record of all project-related activities including student attendance and reading performance
- Communicate directly with teachers/coaches/supervisor regarding student performance
- Participate in ongoing training / professional development throughout the year
- Participate in community service activities on National Days of Service
- Monitor progress by administering assessments properly and according to schedule
- Complete all requirements state in the AmeriCorps Member Agreement
- Participate in AmeriCorps training and events as required and requested by ServeOhio, Ohio’s Commission on Service and Volunteering.
- Participate in and complete AmeriCorps citizenship training.
- Participate in community service activities.
- Participate in a series of trainings at the Educational Service Center of Northeast Ohio.
- Participate in training on specific strategies of reading instruction, reading assessments, and data entry/reporting provided by school districts.
- Participate in a series of online trainings provided by the Educational Service Center of Northeast Ohio
Reports To: Project Coordinator, District Coaches, Teachers, Principal
Complete the online application (www.escneo.org). Contact Elyse Sanchez (Regional Coordinator) with questions regarding the position at firstname.lastname@example.org.