Nutrition Coordinator Remote Travel Jobs Vacancy in Acelero Learning LaGrange
Acelero Learning LaGrange urgently required following position for Nutrition Coordinator Remote Travel. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Nutrition Coordinator Remote Travel Jobs Vacancy in Acelero Learning LaGrange Jobs Details:
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning is a provider of direct Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Wisconsin). Shine Assist, part of our Shine Early Learning division, is a training and technical assistance unit which partners with other Head Start providers to improve their programs through hands-on training, access to our proprietary tools which have a demonstrable impact on child outcomes, and the use of our Shine Insight data system.
Shine Implement, the newest unit within Shine Early Learning, manages the delivery of Head Start services for a select group of partners through a suite of services including oversight of educational, family services and program design activities, provision of our proprietary tools, and the use of our Shine Insight data system.
We are seeking a Nutrition Coordinator for our Child Care Network program in LaGrange, GA (20 hrs per week) and our program in Toledo, Ohio (10 hrs per week) as well as supporting other partner programs as needed (10hrs).
This position requires up to 50% travel. The geography of this position is flexible, however, the location is preferred in GA.
The objective of the Nutritionist Coordinator is to comply with Head Start Performance Standards and to promote each child’s wellness by providing nutritional services that supplement and complement those of the home and community.
Provide nutrition services to Shine Early Learning programs which include but are not limited to:
- Be knowledgeable of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) regulations; Review and provide input into the annual Integrated Services Plan as needed.
- Work with Shine Early Learning Leadership Team as needed in the implementation of the nutritional component into the program.
- Participate in the Health Services Advisory Committee for SEL programs notably GA and TX.
- Review each SHINE Early Learning child’s nutritional needs (documentation and complete observation) within 90 days of child’s entry date; recommend and refer for the appropriate course of action.
- For “Returning Children”, review of nutritional /health information minimum of one time during the program year. Address individual needs as identified.
- Provide support, resources and if applicable, a plan of action upon receiving a Health/ Nutritional Internal Referral for nutritional related issues/concerns.
- Provide nutritional education to staff members at Pre-Service training and throughout the program year as needed.
- In conjunction with the Health and Educational component; support education staff in implementing nutritional activities that are incorporated into the classroom.
- Present a nutritional educational activity/training to at least one parent meeting per center as needed.
- Provide individual and/or group nutritional counseling to families as requested or based on assessments.
- Develop, review, modify and evaluate menus to ensure the meal program meets the nutritional needs and individual nutritional needs of each child are met. Menus will be reflective of cultural preferences and broaden each child’s food experience.
- If requested by SEL Partner, have input to purchasing practices and make recommendations for maximizing the use of funds available for program food service.
- Participate in Acelero Learning /Shine Early Learning monthly nutrition calls and other meetings as needed.
- Registered Dietitian with a Bachelor’s Degree and with 3-5 years experience in a related field (food service or child nutrition)
- Preferred to have knowledge of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) regulations
- Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
- Basic computer literacy in email , word processing, and internet navigation.
- Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Travel up to 50%
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless, collective focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future together for children, families, and communities served by our Head Start partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.