Business Intelligence Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Hyatt Chicago
Hyatt Chicago urgently required following position for Business Intelligence Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Intelligence Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Hyatt Chicago Jobs Details:
Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business intelligence analyst will join a team that is on a upward trajectory to enhance Hyatt’s competitive advantage through Business intelligence and analytics. This position will support all Hyatt departments in providing accurate and timely reporting and analysis from transactional databases, the enterprise data warehouse (EDW), Data lake (Hadoop & Redshift) and the associated data marts.
- Support the BI environment, providing data, analysis and insight to internal clients throughout enterprise (International, North America, Corporate), including but not limited to Marketing, Revenue Management, Reservations, Gold Passport, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and eCommerce.
- Develop technical deliverables and review technical documents.
- Work closely with the IT liaisons and external services providers to improve and optimize global infrastructure for BI to deliver superb performance and end user experience.
- Contribute to the design and support of the DW environment, including information & data acquisition, management and delivery solutions
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 1+ years of progressively responsible experience in the technical aspects of Business Intelligence projects using Tableau or similar BI tool.
- Direct experience with analyzing large volume of data to derive actionable insights and recommendations.
- Experience with hospitality industry will be a huge plus.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity; self-directed and self-motivated with a highly developed curiosity and willingness to learn and to teach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to define and capture business needs along with articulating strategic implications of analytic results with clarity and persuasiveness in an audience appropriate manner.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics or related discipline.
- Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) certification is a plus.
- Tableau Desktop certification is a plus.
- Experience with Business intelligence applications like Tableau, Qlikview, Datameer etc
- Should have advanced visualizations development skills. Some of the key skills are guided analytics, advanced visualizations (quadrants, bullet charts, multiple marks, etc) and making complex data simple to understand as well as to tell compelling stories
- The candidate should have strong knowledge of database concepts and SQL
- Ability to analyze large data sets and provide summary of data analysis and offer possible BI solutions
- Experienced with creating and running what-if simulations using the data
- Familiarity with databases –IBM DB2, Redshift and Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience with Allteryx is preferred
- Hands on experience with programming languages is preferred – Python or other programming language
- Familiarity with Word, Excel and PowerPoint