Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Mott Macdonald Morgantown
Mott Macdonald Morgantown urgently required following position for Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Mott Macdonald Morgantown Jobs Details:
- stream monitoring and other associated environmental tasks such as wetland, benthics work, etc.
- Stream monitoring work includes strenuous hiking in streams with varying terrain and land use ranging from pasture to woods to swamps and brush.
- Data collection along streams include GPS mapping of areas of interest, flow measurements, photos and client communication of anomalies; there may be technical interaction with the client or regulatory personnel.
- Data gathered in the field is then checked for QA and entered into a database for analysis.
- As experience is gained data analysis and evaluation may be required.
- Supervisory responsibilities may also be required as experience and knowledge is gained with the staff.
- Candidates must pass a Drug Screen and Background check prior to starting employment.
- Candidates must have a BS (BA may be acceptable) in the Sciences or Geology
- The candidate must be physically able to handle strenuous hiking in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to make judgments on geologic anomalies in the field and communicate them well to a client or supervisor.
- Must have a basic understanding of geology, geomorphology, and hydro-geologic principles to learn to distinguish and understand geological anomalies due to subsurface mining activity.
- Must have a minimal knowledge and understanding of biological sciences and ecosystems to learn and understand how surface and subsurface activities can affect the ecosystem.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.