Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering
Quest Global Engineering urgently required following position for Mechanical Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Quest Global Engineering Jobs Details:
Essential Job Functions
- The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining products and options, standard bill of materials and drawings for Gas turbine packages, and the development and integration of mechanical auxiliary systems required for 50Hz and 60Hz packages, including start systems, ventilation systems, TLO/GLO systems, fuel systems, and water wash systems per associated codes and standards (ASME, API, PED, ISO).
- Verify that components and parts are rated and compatible for given fluid, and rated for maximum system pressure, velocity and temperature.
- Work with 3D CAD (UG NX7.5) and 2D CAD (AutoCAD) designers to create design layouts and associated assembly and fabrication drawings including base/enclosure drawings; engine mount drawings; and mechanical general arrangements drawings.
- Perform Hand calculations, and Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS.
- Verify that drawings meet drafting practices/ANSI standard references (ASME Y14 series), GD&T or surface finish symbols (ASME Y14.36M), and weld symbols (Per AWS D1.1Ensure system and materials compliance per industry standards and client practices, and apply QuEST’s design practices to arrive at product standardization and improve design quality.
- Will be responsible for major NPI (New Product Introduction) programs from concept including project estimation, scheduling, design, manufacturing, support and testing of final product.
- The position will also coordinate with stakeholders and cross-functional teams; lead design reviews and tollgate presentations to ensure products meet customer specifications; and develop technical procedures, product bulletins, and gas turbine engine installation/removal procedures.
Secondary Job Functions:
At QuEST, we often challenge our team members to temporarily work outside the scope of their primary job functions to broaden their skills and help the organization.Some of these roles and opportunities include:
- Execution within multiple services
- Project Management: Execution and Support
- Technical Leadership and Technical Reviews
- Develop work instructions to ensure repeatability
- Personnel Management
- Onboarding and Professional Development: collaborate and mentor QuEST Team Members
- Cross-functional teams
- Geographic re-assignments
- Account Management and Sales
- Enabler roles, such as Human Resources, Technology Development, and IT
- Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, or another related field PLUS two (2) to five (5) years of experience in the job offered, or another related position.
- Gas Turbine Packaging and Accessories design experience is desired.
- Proficient in Hand calculations, and Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS.
- Experience must involve: detailed knowledge of engineering codes and standards in the U.S. and familiarity with the equivalent European Codes (ASME, API, PED, ISO);
- Knowledge of industry standard CE/ATEX/UL/FM/CSA required for system compliance;
- Knowledge of industry standard ASTM/AISC/AISI required for material compliance;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Unigraphics, and Inventor tools; and demonstrated ability to handle schedule and business-critical project deadlines.
- Work will be performed at unanticipated client sites, as required.
- Mostly Office Environments. Occasional/limited travel to Customer site.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM.
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Greenville, SC
Travel: Up to 5%
Compensation Type: Competitive wages. Position also qualifies for benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, disability, life insurance, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Program Manager
QuEST Global Services-NA, Inc.
333 East River Drive, Suite 301
East Hartford, CT 06108
QuEST Global is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.