Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Tamarac City of Tamarac
City Tamarac City of Tamarac urgently required following position for Office Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Tamarac City of Tamarac Jobs Details:
This is a part-time position
Under regular supervision, provides clerical support to the City Clerk, Assistant City Clerk and departmental staff. Searches for information using computer software; types, copies and distributes agendas and correspondence; gives information to callers, Reports to City Clerk and Assistant City Clerk.
- Provides office/clerical support to City Clerk staff.
- Assists in answering telephone and receiving inquiries, providing information based on knowledge of City programs and activities, or directing calls to appropriate personnel or agencies, and greeting and assisting customers at front desk in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Types and submits reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains and monitors departmental records on computer, including purchase requisitions.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including typing, copying, collating, filing, figuring simple calculations, and filling out forms.
- Lends clerical support in quarterly report and budget preparation.
- Interacts and communicates with a variety of groups and individuals including but not limited to the Mayor and City Commissioners, departmental personnel, City department heads and employees, and the public.
- Assisting in preparation for City Commission meetings, executive sessions, and workshops including, but not limited to, typing, copying and distribution of agenda packets.
- Set up meeting rooms before and after Commission meetings.
- Processes daily mail including sorting and distributing mail delivered by United States Postal Service, sorting and distributing internal mail, opening and date stamping incoming mail (both internal and external), preparing mail for pick-up by Postal Center Inc., the City's mail service.
- Provides support to Records clerk and Office Coordinator in assigning rooms for meetings; preparing monthly meeting calendar using computer software; maintaining and updating lists of appointments to boards and committees, as well as term expiration dates.
- Provides support to Records Coordinator and Records Clerk in assisting in scanning, microfilming, and preparing documents for storage and/or destruction, in accordance with State Law.
- Provides support to Records Clerk in maintaining and keeping files in vault.
- Maintains and updates mailing lists.
- Provides support to Office Coordinator in maintaining inventory.
- Provides support on research and compiles data for a variety of reports.
- Operates a variety of office equipment in the performance of job tasks, including computer, printer, copier, typewriter, facsimile machine, telephone, microfilm equipment, digitizing equipment and postage machine.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs other related duties as required.
Requires high school diploma or GED and experience in working with computers and one (1) year of clerical experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must demonstrate proficiency in computer software applications through the completion of a skills assessment exercise.
NOTE: Job description, minimum qualifications, and the standards required to perform the essential functions are detailed in the official job description. The City of Tamarac is a drug-free workplace. Candidates recommended for hire must pass a pre-employment drug screening prior to appointment. An eligible veteran or spouse of veteran shall receive preference in the selection process as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, a candidate MUST submit a copy of a DD-214, Certificate of Discharge, or Statement of Eligibility with their application.
FIRST REVIEW: October 29, 2018. Subject to closing at that time, or when sufficient number of applications are received.