Support Services Administrator Jobs Vacancy in State Delaware
State Delaware urgently required following position for Support Services Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Support Services Administrator Jobs Vacancy in State Delaware Jobs Details:
- Provides fiscal planning, evaluation and analysis of programs and projects to superiors and others regarding the effective use of funds, acquisition of funds, effects on implementation of new or modified programs and projects, ensuring compliance with applicable rules, regulations, standards and guidelines and the goals and objectives of the Department/Division.
- Reviews operating and capital budget requests and make recommendations for modification for conformance with budget policy, economy of operation and needs of the organizational unit; explains needs, and justification of budget requests before fiscal management and planning agencies; provides information to superior at budget hearings.
- Monitors all budgetary accounts and records and reviews reports and financial statements to determine the financial status of the organizational unit and to assure that funds are properly spent.
- Provides grant administration which includes preparing grant requests or advising program/project administrators or managers on the preparation of grant requests and reviewing and making recommended changes to requests prior to submission, monitoring expenditures and completing/distributing of required financial reports/statements.
- Reviews and approves purchase orders prepared by operating personnel, ascertains that funds are available and recommends approval or disapproval of major cost items to superior; initiates requests for purchase of major services and materials.
- Provides contract administration which includes preparing specifications and requests for bids, meeting with vendors/contractors, evaluating and recommending awarding of contracts, monitoring expenditures and recommending/implementing modifications to original contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Prepares financial reports for superiors and other program staff, other state agencies, the federal government, and other funding agencies.
- Initiates and may participate in analysis and planning studies of operations, reviews recommendations for resolution of problems and arranges for implementation of solutions.
- May supervise personnel services such as preparing/processing documents and records maintenance. Advises agency managers on personnel rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- May supervise support services which include fleet management, facilities management, equipment maintenance/repair, inventory and grounds maintenance.
- May supervise support services which include the effective operation of a laundry, mailroom and commissary.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Support Services Administrator
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in compiling, analyzing and interpreting financial data to ensure effective and efficient accounting of funds or to make projections for financial planning.
- Three years experience in accounting using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Three years experience in interpreting and analyzing financial reports.
- Six months experience in budget development which includes developing a budget, analyzing financial data and making long and short range plans and projections.
- Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.