Graduate Intern Internet Things Distributed Software Infrastructure Jobs Vacancy in Siemens Princeton
- Graduate Intern Internet Things Distributed Software Infrastructure
- Princeton NJ
- 20 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Siemens Princeton urgently required following position for Graduate Intern Internet Things Distributed Software Infrastructure. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Graduate Intern Internet Things Distributed Software Infrastructure Jobs Vacancy in Siemens Princeton Jobs Details:
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 231530
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: No
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best
Posting title: Distributed Software Infrastructure – Research Intern
Are you interested in driving the Internet of Things revolution?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for You!
Join our research group Internet of Things – Distributed Systems located in Princeton, NJ, for a 2-4 month internship, and investigate Internet of Things applications for Industrial applications. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provides the opportunity to contribute to and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will contribute and explore new concepts on how distributed applications are structured, and function at scale across global networks.
- You will work on distributed system design and how applications communicate.
- You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of distributed computing.
- You will learn about new application structures based on Unikernels and / or WebAssembly.
- You will implement concepts and solutions in prototypes.
- You will document your work in a technical paper, suitable for publication.
- Experience in Hypervisors and / or container technology.
- Experience in writing or managing distributed applications with systems like Kubernetes, and an openness to exploring new ways of working and developing application.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A current MS, or PhD student in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of distributed / cloud systems and how their supporting infrastructure works.
- Experience in system programming languages like C or C++.
- Experience with Unikernel technologies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English with an excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude.
- Drive and motivation for career development and open to take responsibilities for challenging tasks.
- Team player which can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment;
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#