Insurance Coordinator Medicaid Application Specialist Full Time Second Shift Jobs Vacancy in Nemours Orlando
- Insurance Coordinator Medicaid Application Specialist Full Time Second Shift
- Orlando FL
- 26 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Nemours Orlando urgently required following position for Insurance Coordinator Medicaid Application Specialist Full Time Second Shift. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Insurance Coordinator Medicaid Application Specialist Full Time Second Shift Jobs Vacancy in Nemours Orlando Jobs Details:
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking an Insurance Coordinator - Medicaid Application Specialist (FULL-TIME), Second Shift, to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
The Insurance Coordinator will perform a methodical and thorough assessment of our uninsured and/or underinsured patients for placement in applicable government, and commercially sponsored health programs. These activities include conducting interviews, financial screenings, and or an assessment of a patient’s eligibility for insurance or Nemours financial assistance plans. The Insurance Coordinator will be heavily involved in application and submissions for placement into Medicaid/Kidcare and any other applicable insurance plan.
- Protects the financial standing of Nemours by performing methodical and thorough financial assessments of our uninsured and/or underinsured patients assisting in applications for federal, state and local programs.
- Serves as support to patients and their family members to assure patients have access to all available funding. This involves; working with private as well as governmental agencies; i.e., private insurance, HMO/PPO’s, Medicaid, Kidcare, Medicare, Champus, and Third Party Liability payers.
- Ensure compliance with hospital financial resolution policies, including conducting financial interviews with patients and families to assist with resolution of their account.
- Aid in customer service resolution with concerns in regards to financial services. Including but not limited to giving advice and counsel to patients and guarantors of their rights, responsibilities, and procedures about payment for care.
- Collecting on any applicable patient responsibility portion, as well as creating patient responsibility estimates based on the insurers coverage and benefit information.
- Communicates on behalf of financial services with other specialty clinic locations and physician offices. Handles inbound and outbound calls including but not limited to customer service calls, account inquiries and coverage benefits and eligibility status.
- Perform DCF application process, as well as the ability to interpret and analyze eligibility requirements and benefit information.
- Associate's Degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience required.
- Three years of hospital experience and working knowledge of patient accounting functions including pre-admissions and admission registration required.
- Demonstrates experience in credit, collection and billing is required, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Excellent computer skills, ability to type at least 45 wpm.
- Bilingual preferred.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.