Senior Research Associate Jobs Vacancy in Broad Institute Cambridge
Broad Institute Cambridge urgently required following position for Senior Research Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Research Associate Jobs Vacancy in Broad Institute Cambridge Jobs Details:
The Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard, a world leader in genetic research, is looking for an exceptional candidate to join the Therapeutics team in the Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research. Recently the Stanley Center and the genetics community have gained unprecedented insight into the genetic basis of schizophrenia, autism, and bipolar disorder.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team in the analysis of molecular pathways in the context of psychiatric disease-associated genetic variants using cell biology, biochemistry, and pharmacology approaches in primary neurons and differentiated human ES/iPS cells. The work will also involve the translation of these findings to therapeutic approaches, including the development of HTS assays.
The candidate will be involved in day-to-day laboratory work, assist with experimental design, collaborate closely with other scientists on the team, and communicate scientific results to team members. Additional responsibilities include:
- Development and execution of neuron-based assays to support functional studies, target validation, and compound characterization.
- Isolation of primary neurons and maintenance of cell lines for use in cell-based and biochemical assays.
- Independently working to design and execute research plans to ensure that critical project requirements, timelines and deliverables are met.
- Troubleshooting and solving scientific problems with minimal guidance.
- Independently operating and maintaining lab equipment.
- BS or MS in the biological sciences.
- Minimum 6+ years of industrial or academic experience with mammalian cell culture, with a strong preference for neuronal culture experience.
- Familiarity with molecular biology (cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, CRISPR/Cas9), biochemistry (protein purification, enzymatic assays, western blot, ELISA), cell biology (mammalian cell culture, immunocytochemistry).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Broad Institute will not offer Visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabilities