Service Desk Technician Jobs Vacancy in Charter Manufacturing Company Inc Mequon
Charter Manufacturing Company Inc Mequon urgently required following position for Service Desk Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Service Desk Technician Jobs Vacancy in Charter Manufacturing Company Inc Mequon Jobs Details:
Join the Charter family and grow with us.
When you work at Charter Manufacturing you’re part of a four-generation family business. That means, you’re not just an employee, you’re one of our family members.
POSITION PURPOSE/MISSION :
Ensure proper computer operation so end users can accomplish business tasks. Provide Level 1 and 2 call center and desk-side support service which includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Participate in projects associated with service desk process improvements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree, or
- Two plus years’ IT experience.
- Knowledge of PC’s, peripherals, direct attached and networked printers, LAN interfaces, etc.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows O/S and Microsoft Office Suite and resolving associated problems.
- Experience supporting enterprise applications like E-mail, Intranet and ERP suites and resolving associated problems.
- Ability to organize and prioritize requests from internal customers.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills in working with employees at varying levels throughout the business.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree with two years’ IT experience and one year of help/service desk experience.
- Microsoft certification.
- A+ certification
- Oracle support experience.
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk to ensure effective resolution of end user issues.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been resolved.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information and nature of problem in call tracking application.
- Prioritize, dispatch, and escalate problems, when required, to the appropriately experienced technician, tier-two resource or on-site coverage.
- Update call status as problem is dispatched, investigated, and resolved.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Follow all Service Desk processes to ensure quality of service and system data.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the business.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to assist in problem resolution.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Develop IT knowledgebase and self-help documentation.
- Create quotes to support the IT procurement process.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
Reports to: Business Relationship Manager
- Delivering system service and support for information technology systems in a 24/7 operation.
- Coordinating problem resolution across multiple businesses in an effective manner.
- Recognizing and responding to multiple priorities based on urgency and importance.