Assistant Shared Services Jobs Vacancy in Indiana State Personnel Department Indianapolis
Indiana State Personnel Department Indianapolis urgently required following position for Assistant Shared Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Shared Services Jobs Vacancy in Indiana State Personnel Department Indianapolis Jobs Details:
This position is typically filled at a salary of $22,282.
Work for Indiana
Join U.S News & World Report’s #1 state government! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
About Indiana State Personnel Department
As an agency operating a shared services model with embedded HR teams, it’s up to us to provide all executive branch agencies with top-notch HR solutions. As a full service HR provider, INSPD has opportunities in every discipline along each step of your career path.
About the Job
We are searching for a dynamic, talented, and qualified entry-level professional to join our team as a HR Assistant. This position serves as a HR Assistant within Shared Services and floats to smaller centralized agencies performing specialized professional duties associated with human resources administration activities. Work is broad in nature, requires the application of human resources policies and procedures and regularly entails authorized access to confidential employee information.
But why stop there? In this role, discover how the State of Indiana can unlock your professional growth within the HR field. During your first year, you will gain knowledge and experience that can transfer into different positions within State Personnel Department. Individuals who started their career in this role are now in Generalist roles or part of the Talent Acquisition team.
A Day in the Life
- Assists small centralized agencies with the hiring process, including completing employment and education verification, and background and reference checks;
- Accurately completes data entry for assigned agencies related to employee records;
- Completes termination process for voluntary terminations and retirements;
- Completes employment verification requests for current and former State employees;
- Provides assistance as needed or requested in all areas of HR including special projects, such as assistance with file maintenance per the personnel file retention guidelines;
- Researches and prepares various reports using Access, Excel, Word, and other reporting tools;
- Provides assistance as needed with administrative support to the to the HR Data and Compensation/Organizational Design Divisions;
- Customer Service - Respond to customers (internal or external) inquiries within 24 hours;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
Two (2) years’ work experience performing administrative support; bookkeeping; office management; program support; word processing; or accredited college training in a related field
- Extensive knowledge of office practices, procedures and programs;
- Extensive knowledge of composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft navigation and processes;
- Ability to use PeopleSoft at an intermediate to advanced level;
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions;
- Ability to operate commonly used manual and automated office equipment;
- Ability to work with a variety of Microsoft Office software products at an intermediate to advanced level;
- Ability to type in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Considerable knowledge of the State of Indiana’s human resources functions, systems, processes, procedures and practices;
- Thorough knowledge of the departmental functions and the organization of the agency;
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously;
- High level of organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Specialized knowledge of personnel forms and their purpose;
- Ability to attend to detail and maintain accuracy and confidentiality;
- Ability to communicate effectively.
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Choose from four medical plans (including RX coverage), vision and dental
- Wellness program that offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan
- Health savings account, offered for most medical plans, includes state contributions
- Deferred compensation account (similar to a private sector’s 401 K plan) with employer match, as well as a choice between two fully funded pension plans
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- The State of Indiana offers other generous leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Free downtown parking
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22,282.00 /year
- administrative support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Peoplesoft: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)