Special Education Instructional Aide Jobs Vacancy in The Episcopal Center For Children Washington
The Episcopal Center For Children Washington urgently required following position for Special Education Instructional Aide. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Special Education Instructional Aide Jobs Vacancy in The Episcopal Center For Children Washington Jobs Details:
About The Episcopal Center for Children
The Episcopal Center for Children (ECC) is a private, nonprofit, non-denominational day treatment facility for emotionally troubled children and their families from the greater Washington, DC area. The program is designed for children between the ages of 5 to 14 years, grades K – 8. The goal of treatment, therapeutic milieu, and individualized special education programming is to empower each child to function productively within his/her family and the community, to return to his/her public school, and have a real opportunity for a successful, emotionally healthy, and productive future. The ECC’s programming is based on the core belief in children, their strengths, and in what they can be.
Under supervision, the Instructional Aide performs a variety of paraprofessional instructional and clerical activities as directed by a licensed teacher in a classroom comprised of students with emotional, educational or behavioral problems; and to perform all related duties as assigned. The position assists in maintaining a safe and nurturing environment, and supports the organization by performing administrative and behavior management tasks as required.
- Assists licensed instructional personnel with the development and presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises
- Tutors students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activity
- Prepares daily and weekly lesson plans based on students Individualized Education Plan
- Assists in the development of a variety of instructional materials
- Assists in the implementation of Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS)
- Assists students work assignments as directed by certified teacher
- Assists students in locating and utilizing educational materials
- Support record management of students’ Special Education program
- May attend parent conferences and/or School Assessment Team meetings
- Requisitions and maintains supplies and materials for the program
- Performs general clerical duties
- Provides administrative/clerical support to the Center’s various departments as needed
- Observe students in their classrooms and other activities to gain a better understanding of the student and their behavior.
- Counsel students individually or in groups on positive behavior techniques.
- Consult with professional colleagues to develop appropriate behavior intervention plans for individual students.
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with students and other stakeholders.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation, in compliance with policies, procedures, and local regulations.
- Provide interventions to enable students to remain in classroom and/or help develop strategies to express and control their behaviors.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings to assess and enhance the Center’s positive behavior support and intervention plan
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Completion of two years of higher education study OR Associates Degree (preferred) OR pass Para-Professional Assessment
- Knowledge of general concepts of child growth and development and child behavior characteristics
- Ability to learn and utilize basic methods and procedures to be followed in instructional settings
- Ability to provide informed judgment, understanding and to communicate options and solutions when several variables exist.
- Knowledge of student behavior management techniques and strategies (PBIS)
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with children
- Ability to learn and utilize standard teaching aids and office machines
- Knowledge of learning problems of children with special educational needs
- Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Excel, Google Documents, Google Apps, Google Classroom)
- Ability to perform routine clerical work
Salary is based on educational level, certification(s), and years of experience. A comprehensive benefits package is provided to include: Health benefits (medical & dental), disability insurance, employer contribution to retirement plan, and an employee 403(B). In addition, ECC promotes a continuous learning environment. On-going opportunities for growth and development are provided throughout the academic year.
To apply, e-mail a cover letter and resume. Please include Instructional Aide in the Subject Line of email messages. The full job description for the position will be provided upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.50 to $18.00 /hour
- instructional aide/teacher assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)